Model Cars Magazine Forum

50 Austin coupe chassis

I recently received this resin chassis with a 50 Austin coupe. It was in a bag labeled 50 Austin.

Can anybody identify who made it? So far I haven't turned any info up using Google. I'm sure I just haven't found the right search term.

Also, what kits parts was it designed to use? I suspect it uses Revell 41 Willy's street rod parts.

20180929_174823.jpg

That is from Parry's Resin I just dug mine out I have not used it yet but be very carful if you try to go to his web page I went to it about 6 months ago just to see if he was still making resin parts and the site has been hacked I was lucky my system got it be for it got to far.!!

Jason, Perry's Resin was Randy Frost's resin company. You will find lots of postings about it. Randy is now the proprietor of Dailey Hobbies in Whitby, ON

https://www.daileyhobbies.com/

I am sure he has Facebook presence.

I saw Randy at the Group 25 Model Car contest, this past weekend. I am not sure as to how much time he dedicates to Perry's Resin at this point. He would probably be able to answer any questions related to this trans kit.

This I can say unequivocally, it's heads and heals better than the Revell original. It ALWAYS drove me crazy that this car was called a dragster with a round tube chassis. Gasser rules required either a stock chassis, until about 1966, or a rectangular fabricated chassis. A round tube chassis would kick it into the altered class.

I'd gladly trade what you have for the Revell original.