Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1989 NISSAN Skyline GT-R R32 Bayside Blue

Italianhorses

On 10/5/2018 at 8:19 AM, olschoolkid said:

That is a nice Skyline. I think the Skylines/GTRs are probably the nicest cars to come from Japan. I enjoy the clear hood which gives an excellent view of the beautiful RB series engine.

Well, I would agree that Skylines are one of the best Japanese cars ever made, but they are not the only cool cars to come from Japan. Early Mazdas (Cosmo, RX7) are very cool, and 90's Toyotas were really good cars, especially their Supras and Soarers. Not to mention Land Cruisers!

On 10/10/2018 at 10:30 AM, olschoolkid said:

Yes I have to agree with you. I also like the RX7s as well as the Supras, Land Cruisers and others. The Skyline just happens to be my favorite of the bunch.

I was a mechanic for 7 years before I became an Engineer. If I were to put a wish-list together for everything I wanted in the car, Nissan absolutely built it! Especially, with the R34, but so many of the features were already available by the early 90's:

Thanks all!

On 10/19/2018 at 1:21 PM, Ahajmano said:

That is beautiful detailing on the engine. Would love to read a write-up from you sometime on how you achieve this. 

Thanks, I have quite a bit on this in my WIP-thread, check it out. Let me know if there is anything I could answer.

Ideally, at some point, I would put a write up on my site, bu as of right now, I think the thread would be next best thing.

• 2 weeks later...