Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Car Kit Collection

32 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I see your problem immediately. No vintage American muscle/iron, no drag cars, no hot rods! Luckily for you, it looks like you have a good deal of "swap fodder" than you can trade for some REAL American steel (and fiberglass)! B)

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. I noticed that right off.

And Aydin, I've been back in the hobby a couple years and have at least twice what you have. It's not a problem. Prices have gotten a little silly in the past few months. It that trend keeps up you'll be happy you have a large stash. 

You have a problem when you are hiding them all over the place- friends and family houses, storage units, trunk of the car, etc.

Admitting your problem is the first step, but if you are actively building them and buying more with the intent of building them, then you have nothing to worry about.

Those of us who go to places like Ollie's and Hobby Lobby and scoop up discounted kits, we might have a problem!

25 minutes ago, High octane said:

While I like many of you have plenty of kits to build in my lifetime and then some, my problem is I don't have hardly enough "motivation" to even make a dent in my stash and convert some into built models. Hmmmm.

Yes, I am plagued by that same problem. Good news is that I have some vacation time this week and will be sitting at the bench getting some WIPs done. 

Come back an tell me of your kit collection when you have to carry a spiral bound note book to log all the various kits you have . I had this many in the 1980's . I'm planning a cross country move in 2020 and I'll wind up renting a full size Pods cubicle just to move kits .