Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT '72 Nova SS "Old Pro" Pro Stock

Casey

2 hours ago, dino246gt said:

Those Rallye rims are resin from Bob Dudeck, I THINK, it was years ago. Maybe Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland has them? 

I think those wheels are also in the AMT '70 LT-1 Corvette, currently in reissue and stocked at Hobby Lobby, and the MPC '75 Corvette reissue, currently available for $9.99 at some Ollie's stores. If I'm wrong about this, I'm sure I'll be corrected. B)

26 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I think those wheels are also in the AMT '70 LT-1 Corvette, currently in reissue and stocked at Hobby Lobby, and the MPC '75 Corvette reissue, currently available for $9.99 at some Ollie's stores. If I'm wrong about this, I'm sure I'll be corrected. B)

I gotta Google the box art.....?

On 10/5/2018 at 11:18 AM, Snake45 said:

I think those wheels are also in the AMT '70 LT-1 Corvette, currently in reissue and stocked at Hobby Lobby, and the MPC '75 Corvette reissue

The MPC '75 Vette has a very nice set of two front and two rear wheels.

On 10/1/2018 at 7:13 PM, Mike Chernecki said:

How about AMT find the altered wheelbase front fenders and bring back the Novacaine funny car.

Not sure about the rest of the F/C specific parts, but just focusing on the "glass" for now, I''m going to guess the F/C windshield was eliminated years ago from the group of transparent parts.

Edited by Casey

19 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

I wonder if there is any chance that the Ventura II version of this kit could ever make a come back? The Ventura II variation of AMT's '72 Nova kit is the reason that the kit came with the seperate front fenders.

Last I'd heard those inserts were MIA, but it sure would be nice.

On 10/4/2018 at 9:26 AM, Casey said:

trying to recall which parts are good from this kit.

I sent "DEL" the steering wheel.....from this kit that he needed for his '78 4 door police Nova that Dwayne & Greg W. are producing.

I bought a resin casting of the Ventura II body from Jimmy Flintstone. The front fenders and grill are cast in place and are sharp and clean looking. The head lights and bumper, and hood are also part of the kit. I would highly recommend if someone is serious about building a Ventura II.  

Hart's Parts Resin makes a nice conversion for the Nova-come-Ventura II : https://hartspartsresin.com/product/amt-72-pontiac-ventura-conversion/

While I've not yet purchased this particular set , I have purchased his 1968 Hemi Dart *interior* conversion https://hartspartsresin.com/product/revell-68-dodge-dart-hemi-interior-conversion/ 

It's a quality piece ; cleanly cast , almost like styrene ! 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...