Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thanks Brad, I like your set up, it's pretty cool. I got the cab & box in primer finally after some filling & lots of sanding. The hood needed those big holes filled too. The chassis isn't in bad shape but I need to find a front & rear end for it. I thought I had one in my stash but I can't find it. I found a 2wd set up but that's not gonna work for me here. I found an older style grill I like better too but it needs some help.

dodge longbed 002.JPG

dodge longbed 003.JPG

dodge longbed 005.JPG

• mchook changed the title to 76 Dodge long bed

This is a cool project. I will be watching to see how it turns out. 

You might be able to use axles from the revell dodge ramcharger. Or with some modifications you could use the axles from a revell gmc plow truck or big game country truck. 

Edited by 426 pack

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mchook

I have the same kit that I’ve taken the 4x4 stuff off of and would like to make mine a 2 wd. Maybe we could work out a trade? If interested I could send pics of what I have next week. We are out of town until next Saturday so I don’t have access to my stuff right now. 

Jon

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the compliments. It makes me feel good that you guys think it looks that good. I don't buy much aftermarket stuff for detailing, I just use what I have scrounged from old electronics & whatever I find for wiring & plumbing. 

On 10/28/2018 at 2:58 AM, prostreeter69 said:

Hey Mchook

I have the same kit that I’ve taken the 4x4 stuff off of and would like to make mine a 2 wd. Maybe we could work out a trade? If interested I could send pics of what I have next week. We are out of town until next Saturday so I don’t have access to my stuff right now. 

Jon

Thanks for the offer Jon but I got something that will work. PM me your address & I'll send you the front end I have, It's built but should work fine. Don't worry about trading anything, I'm happy to give it to you to help out a fellow modeler.

15 hours ago, mchook said:

I don't buy much aftermarket stuff for detailing, I just use what I have scrounged from old electronics & whatever I find for wiring & plumbing. 

I am in the same situation and have found ways around spending lots of $$$ to produce some fine details. Nothing against aftermarket, its great to have options, I just don't have very deep pockets for my hobby yet!

On 11/10/2018 at 5:38 PM, mikemodeler said:

Sure wish those were readily available!

Me too, They're such good looking trucks to me. I think they'd sell pretty good if somebody reissued them.

On 11/10/2018 at 8:08 PM, Lordmodelbuilder said:

Nice looking chassis! Your weathering looks great!

On 11/11/2018 at 3:34 PM, prostreeter69 said:

Hey Mchook:

The suspension looks right at home on tha chassis. Really like like your weathering. 

On 11/14/2018 at 6:18 AM, Mopar - D said:

I agree too. 

Thanks a lot guys. It's been tough finding time to work on this thing. Work, fixing my daughter's car, getting ready for winter & a snow storm of 3"-6" today isn't gonna help.:angry:

• 2 weeks later...