Model Cars Magazine Forum

On 11/29/2018 at 6:40 PM, mikemodeler said:

Rumor has it, based on comments in another thread, that this kit will be making a comeback soon as a reissued MPC 2wd D100 1978 model.

That would be perfect. With the aftermarket, converting it to a 4x4 would be easy. However a slammed D100 might look good too. Multiple kits. 

• 2 months later...

Well, we moved into this temporary house a while ago  & I'm going nuts not being able to work on something. So I went to the garage & dug this out & a couple boxes of supplies so I'd have something to work on. I couldn't get to everything so I'm limited on what I can do. I did find some stuff to build the exhaust & do some more stuff under the hood. The glass had the DODGE decal on it & I was gonna try to take it off but if I screw it up I don't have another windshield, so it stays. Not much done, but I do feel better. I'm telling ya, this model thing is like an addiction! 

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

006.JPG

On February 23, 2019 at 9:46 AM, mchook said:

Well, we moved into this temporary house a while ago  & I'm going nuts not being able to work on something. So I went to the garage & dug this out & a couple boxes of supplies so I'd have something to work on. I couldn't get to everything so I'm limited on what I can do. I did find some stuff to build the exhaust & do some more stuff under the hood. The glass had the DODGE decal on it & I was gonna try to take it off but if I screw it up I don't have another windshield, so it stays. Not much done, but I do feel better. I'm telling ya, this model thing is like an addiction! 

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

006.JPG

Mark, what color and brand of blue did you use on the body and interior?...

15 hours ago, slusher said:

Mark, what color and brand of blue did you use on the body and interior?...

Hey Carl, this is a picture of what I used. I used it right out of the can, the interior is the same paint with a satin clear over it. Hope this helps.

paint can 001.JPG

paint can 002.JPG

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎10 at 3:09 PM, mchook said:

I got most of the chassis done. I used the front & rear ends from a Ramcharger kit. The stance & fit looks o.k. to me.

011.JPG

016.JPG

That's a very inspiring build    :wub:

Nice to know that it's being reissued. This has the benefit of making a ready market for resin versions of the '79 LRE and mid-70s grills to supplement that '77/'78 option.

Mark, I've used masking tape to remove old decals before and a piece might work on that windshield decal.

mike

Edited by mk11