Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell ‘66 Shelby GT350

ThatMustangGuy

This is my first build on here, so sorry if it is badly worded or done, but to start it off I’m a 14 year old, and have been building since the age of 5 1/2, starting that age with my dad, building on my own since age of 7-8 years old, but enough of that. It’s a Revell 1/24 1966 Shelby GT350, and I’m not sure how I want to build it, I had a dream a couple of days ago about a vintage racing school, where you learned vintage racing, and in that dream there was a 1966 Shelby GT350, so I might build it as that, but I’m not sure yet, also, when I try to upload progress pictures, from my phone which is what I use to take model progress, it says error, no matter what I use, is it an error with the pictures or? I need input.

Wow! I didn’t expect this kind of reaction in 24 hours!!! I am in school, so progress can be slow, and I also am working on a 1978 F100 4x4 for an instagram buildoff, 1967 GTX, and a 1966 Suburban at the same time, but I’m prioritizing the F100 and GT350 at this moment, I will try messing with me pictures in a moment, so pictures might be up later today.

On 10/4/2018 at 11:58 AM, Miatatom said:

Well Aiden, I've got 60 years on you. Older than dirt? :D It's great to see young folks like you getting into the hobby. I've got the same kit and will definitely be building it as a vintage race car. Good luck and welcome!

Thank You! I’ve been into cars since knee high to a grasshopper.

13 minutes ago, ThatMustangGuy said:

Wow! I didn’t expect this kind of reaction in 24 hours!!! I am in school, so progress can be slow, and I also am working on a 1978 F100 4x4 for an instagram buildoff, 1967 GTX, and a 1966 Suburban at the same time, but I’m prioritizing the F100 and GT350 at this moment, I will try messing with me pictures in a moment, so pictures might be up later today.

I'm currently building a 67 GTX as well.

On 10/4/2018 at 11:58 AM, Miatatom said:

Well Aiden, I've got 60 years on you. Older than dirt? :D It's great to see young folks like you getting into the hobby. I've got the same kit and will definitely be building it as a vintage race car. Good luck and welcome!

Thank You! I’ve been into cars since knee high to a grasshopper.

On 10/5/2018 at 2:34 PM, ThatMustangGuy said:

Nice, how are you building yours?

It'll be a replica of one that my best friend had. It was his first new car and his favorite. He repeatedy kicked himself for selling it.  I'm going to build it and give it to his son. His dad and I go back to childhood. His son, me and his dad did some good trail riding together in the early 80s.

On 10/7/2018 at 12:34 AM, Miatatom said:

It'll be a replica of one that my best friend had. It was his first new car and his favorite. He repeatedy kicked himself for selling it.  I'm going to build it and give it to his son. His dad and I go back to childhood. His son, me and his dad did some good trail riding together in the early 80s.

Cool!

45 minutes ago, Lowlife ! ! said:

Always good to see kids getting into building cars, helps you to learn about the real things too ! I

Yes show us your builds, it's good encouragement to finish them when posting them on here !

Alright, one bel air is still sealed, working on the Shelby and the f100 at same time, I would put the F100 on here but it’s already halfway done.

To anybody following along, feel free to post progress on the stuff your building, just as long as it’s a similar vehicle to what’s being built. I might talk about other builds I want to do, as there is some I can’t do as my parents don’t let me order resin and if I want to, I have to get their permission and then show them what I want and get them to approve and if they do, order it and hope it arrives in one piece, a long process.

Edited by ThatMustangGuy

I'm a "Mustangman" from the day they were first released to the public.  I owned many over the years.... my favourite being a '68 fastback in Highland green that I bought before the "Bullit" movie hit the screens.  That guaranteed me a lot of looks as I drove around town!

I've built many models of 'stangs in all scales.  The '66 Shelby Fastback is a great kit to get started on, fairly simple but with all kinds of potential for stock, racing or custom versions. 

I'll hollow this build with interest.

Tony

28 minutes ago, retriever said:

I'm a "Mustangman" from the day they were first released to the public.  I owned many over the years.... my favourite being a '68 fastback in Highland green that I bought before the "Bullit" movie hit the screens.  That guaranteed me a lot of looks as I drove around town!

I've built many models of 'stangs in all scales.  The '66 Shelby Fastback is a great kit to get started on, fairly simple but with all kinds of potential for stock, racing or custom versions. 

I'll hollow this build with interest.

Tony

Thanks! They are amazing cars. I know the Mustang II isn’t the most loved year of ‘stang, but my dad owns a 78 II that he has owned since highschool, but it’s the gold Holman-Moody 427 Mustang that makes 600+ Horsepower that got me into vintage racing, I’ve been building for years but this is the first one on this forum, so I would appreciate any feedback!

4 hours ago, ThatMustangGuy said:

Thanks! They are amazing cars. I know the Mustang II isn’t the most loved year of ‘stang, but my dad owns a 78 II that he has owned since highschool, but it’s the gold Holman-Moody 427 Mustang that makes 600+ Horsepower that got me into vintage racing, I’ve been building for years but this is the first one on this forum, so I would appreciate any feedback!

Love to see pictures as stuffing any Ford big block into a Mustang II is pretty unusual.