Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell ‘66 Shelby GT350

ThatMustangGuy

4 hours ago, ThatMustangGuy said:

Also, does anybody know of a way to make the front valence of the kit into an R- Model front valence of a 1965 GT350R? I might do it but want to know if there’s a way to do it.

It is probably easier to just buy the Monogram 65 R model kit and use that one.  HRM (Historic Racing Miniatures) may still make the part too.

1 minute ago, vamach1 said:

It is probably easier to just buy the Monogram 65 R model kit and use that one.  HRM (Historic Racing Miniatures) may still make the part too.

How much is that kit? Can’t get stuff off of eBay or any “shady” site on the internet, either amazon or modeling shops.

3 minutes ago, ThatMustangGuy said:

How much is that kit? Can’t get stuff off of eBay or any “shady” site on the internet, either amazon or modeling shops.

Good price on Ebay.  It's an older kit so supply would be limited to dealers and individuals.  You could try Model Empire.  I have been on Ebay 20 years and have had very few problems (usually from buyers and not sellers).  Your parents are probably younger than me so they probably have a Paypal account.

IMG_3015.PNG

17 minutes ago, ThatMustangGuy said:

Okay, I doubt I will be able to get one because my parents are really careful about what they buy online.

20 years on Ebay and Paypal with no payment issues or fraud etc.. It is riskier to use a credit card or pay by check these days.  It's not like you are asking them to buy bitcoins or other crypto currencies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 2:49 PM, Brudda said:

Good job mustang guy!!! Build those mustangs!!!!!!! Here is a cool mustang that I had for over 30 years. Hope u like. 

C7C62125-17EC-4A25-948A-E808534BA47A.jpeg

3A5FC966-7E07-479B-AD3A-33D1E9BE637F.jpeg

A4D3CFB6-2C94-4E7D-9542-3DC723CEC01E.jpeg

Yes I love that!!!! Sorry for not posting everybody, been really buisy with lots of homework, and stress from school, also buisy trying to finish up that f100

and progress is slow. 

A little off topic but why not.  In the old days (the 1970's) kids and teenagers would have to send 50 cents for an Autoworld catalog, send it an order and buy models at the local hobby or 5&10 store.  Then if we did not blow up our models we could take a picture (b&W or color) take the film to the photo developing place (usually a drug store) and wait a week for the pictures.  The we could post them nowhere as there was no internet.  Only if we were extremely lucky would a magazine publish a picture of our work and other than maybe showing off your work to other modelers or displaying them in the local hobby shop or maybe attending one of the first NNL or World of Wheels shows almost nobody saw your models.  This pretty much was the way it was until the 1990's.. So now with forums like this we may build models any faster but us old guys have figured out how to take a picture and post one in a forum in under a minute.  We reminisce about the old days but we can order stuff online too and then there is the somewhat maligned Ebay which brings together buyers and sellers around the world.   Imagine trying to sell a model to someone in Australia 20 years ago or buy a model directly from Japan.  Anyway, keep building an we will see those pictures someday.  For now, enjoy these that I built before the internet was widely used.

IMG_3129.JPG

23 hours ago, vamach1 said:

A little off topic but why not.  In the old days (the 1970's) kids and teenagers would have to send 50 cents for an Autoworld catalog, send it an order and buy models at the local hobby or 5&10 store.  Then if we did not blow up our models we could take a picture (b&W or color) take the film to the photo developing place (usually a drug store) and wait a week for the pictures.  The we could post them nowhere as there was no internet.  Only if we were extremely lucky would a magazine publish a picture of our work and other than maybe showing off your work to other modelers or displaying them in the local hobby shop or maybe attending one of the first NNL or World of Wheels shows almost nobody saw your models.  This pretty much was the way it was until the 1990's.. So now with forums like this we may build models any faster but us old guys have figured out how to take a picture and post one in a forum in under a minute.  We reminisce about the old days but we can order stuff online too and then there is the somewhat maligned Ebay which brings together buyers and sellers around the world.   Imagine trying to sell a model to someone in Australia 20 years ago or buy a model directly from Japan.  Anyway, keep building an we will see those pictures someday.  For now, enjoy these that I built before the internet was widely used.

IMG_3129.JPG

Nice cars man