Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 964 RSR Driven Only 6 miles

I don't mind the interior, think that red interior and silver paint go well together, same for that interior color with black, white, or red paint.......now those purple wheels and gold calipers, those just look stupid and kinda "StanceBro"-ish.

Edited by Joe Handley

Well as the article says, the car will need an engine rebuild, replace all fluids, replace all seals, possibly piston rings. But I guess if you can afford the car, you can afford the maintenance to get it where it needs to be.

The 964 is my fav generation of 911. I used to work for a Porsche dealer, and we used to see low km cars all the time. And after sitting for literally years, everything dried out. I remember a 964 C4 widebody. In 10 years, had done about 4000km, all in the first year. Had been parked for 9 years. Owner was being angry that his low km, pristine car need thousands in repairs, mainly to stop the myriad of leaks.

SO with it still covered in the shipping wax, it's obvious this was originally ordered as an investment car. And sure enough, that's what's happening. I'd buy it, do the work, clean, and drive the nuts off of it.