Model Cars Magazine Forum

Edsel is resurrected.

ewetwo

This was a basket case literally falling apart as I walked back to the car from the estate sale I bought it from. Most likely it would have been in that night’s trash had I not have bought it. She’s 99% done needing a passenger windshield wiper which is being sent to me by OldCarFan Patrick. So I posted her anyhow.  I did take 2 nice photos of it outside with the farm in the background but for some reason they would not load. Here she is. A Proshop preprinted kit which makes anyone look like a polished builder. That’s why I like them :)

0531F6D7-3E4F-4C7A-B10E-A912EB2771DD.jpeg

34A491E8-2DC4-49B3-BB5A-9C2BB81EBCCD.jpeg

Very nice!!

I have two of those ProShop kits, one built, and one unbuilt. 

Foiled both tough. 

The one I built, I did a modification to the tires as I didn't like the small white wall on the kit supplied BFG. 

I did some adhesive wider whitewalls with adhesive paper, and a circle template, and the result was pretty nice. 

I wish AMT had done other color also, when they released this kit.

I agree, I wish they did a couple other colors. I had one  had built years ago.  The whitewalls are turning yellow like the ones with this kit. These I just spray pained white. I am ordering a circle cutter to make my own whites walls. And foiling. That's impressive, I've attempted foiling and I know it takes practice. 

Edited by ewetwo

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one of these kits online, and recently finished it.  There were two identical tail lights, two identical front bumper halves, and a couple other missing parts, so I had to use a Hobby Lobby coupon to get a newly-re-released Edsel to finish it.  I won't buy any more ProShop kits for that reason.

8 hours ago, Tiger89 said:

I bought one of these kits online, and recently finished it.  There were two identical tail lights, two identical front bumper halves, and a couple other missing parts, so I had to use a Hobby Lobby coupon to get a newly-re-released Edsel to finish it.  I won't buy any more ProShop kits for that reason.

Must be somebody picked the kit as I've never had a problem. But they have been out of production for a while. I just bought the 63 Tbird today. Hopefully it's complete. You have we wondering now. 

I think the ProShop kits were painted and assembled in China, maybe in one of those plants that made the Danbury and Franklin Mint diecasts that have been closed for several years.  Parts were numbered in individual bags; I guess in 1999 the person assembling the kit I had was tired!  Anyway, I also foiled over much of the silver paint on the trim.