Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any up dates on the Moebius chevy II gasser ?

Mr mopar

I certainly hope that the Chevy II kits will hit the stores at some time. As an owner of 1:1 scale '62 Chevy II Two Door Sedan, I've been waiting these kits with a great interest. Hopefully when they're out, I know I need to have several of each version that they plan on doing. Seeing the AMT Annual kit prices on eBay and how hard to find the Trumpeter kits are too, I think there is demand for these kits. Plus that the cars have a great potential for several different style builds...

7 hours ago, SteveG said:

They have been for some time.  There was a small punch list of stuff to finish for fitment, final details etc.  Don't know if that was ever done.  They also had to decide on which driver to use for the decals which might require some form of royalty payment.  I'm betting on the Golden Commandos version but hold me to it. 

They should not worry about the decals ,there is enough decal makers  out there .I would love to have blank no name car ?

Edited by Mr mopar

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, High octane said:

Wow Greg, that "test shot' of the Chevy  II gasser looks great!

Those sure look like my (copyrighted) pictures from the November 2017 Motor City NNL....here they are again in total ....

The intro caption in the applicable Fotki Folder reads "11-12-17 at 1:40pm - From earlier today, images of the Moebius display. The 1964 Nova SS Hardtop and 1965 Chevy II sedan Gasser....are 3D printed from CAD files; they have not been tooled yet so there is no official announcement date."

Hope that answers the question, at least in part....TIM  

(PS - sorry 'bout the lack of depth of field in some of these shots)  TB

DSC 0939

DSC 0940

DSC 0947

DSC 0948

DSC 0922

DSC 0923

DSC 0924

DSC 0928

Edited by tim boyd

On 12/19/2018 at 9:30 PM, Snake45 said:

If they ever DO produce these models, you can thank me, as I just laid out substantial bucks for a couple of 1G Novas in resin. 

To ensure their production, all I'd have to do is actually build these resins. :lol:

Now I've laid out eBay bucks for a couple glue bomb 1G Novas, too, which require extensive restoration/rework to be presentable. Hope to get at least one done this year, so I'm still working for getting these two new kits produced for all of us. :lol:

I read elsewhere here that Pegasus (who owns Moebius) is in the process of relocating to a bigger location in Cali. So between the supposed licensing issues they had first, then COVID, and now a move that could be cause for the delay.

Also remember, these display models are #D printed renderings. When they were shown not a single bit of tooling had been cut yet. 

So i think we can still keep our fingers crossed.

I hope that someday somehow this can show up on a sales shelf.  I think it would be a shame if for what ever reason this one drops through the cracks in time and joins all of the great idea products that never make it to our work benches.   

5 hours ago, espo said:

I hope that someday somehow this can show up on a sales shelf.  I think it would be a shame if for what ever reason this one drops through the cracks in time and joins all of the great idea products that never make it to our work benches.   

Me too, David.  TIM