Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any up dates on the Moebius chevy II gasser ?

Mr mopar

On 7/8/2021 at 1:01 AM, niteowl7710 said:

People always say that, but I think the evidence has born out over the past several years that in fact WYSIWYG when it comes to these things.

^This. Those who are honest with themselves realize it won't be corrected, and at this price point, there's little incentive for a manufacturer to do so. You don't get Tamiya quality at a Lindberg price point.

It took accusations of "it's dead" to even get Moebius or anyone representing the company to share any news, and they seem to be relying upon the general public to happen by there CA store to take and share images of their future product-- not a great sign, but I suspect it really doesn't matter if their intended customers see anything before the box is resting upon on a retail-level shelf.

On 7/9/2021 at 2:14 PM, Classicgas said:

Looks to me like Revell fixed the jaguar 

Yeah, like I said in my post the fixed either the plastic consistency itself to flow through the mold better, or adjusted the top part of the body tool to improve the plastic flow.  That's not really fixing anything as much as it is correcting a manufacturing defect.  That's the exact same body shell, with the exact same chrome tree, and exact same window glass, so the roof was not "raised" as some people claimed was the "real" reason Revell stopped production on the kit. Frankly the error is even more perplexing given the fact the Roadster is out now too, and it has a separate chrome tree with it's own specific windshield frame - and it's own specific glass pieces.

IPMS? Like the International Plane Modeling Society? I mean that F-4B Phantom Tamiya just released does look really sweet.  The P38 & F-14 were supposedly stellar, and the Phantom is even better.  But I haven't built planes since I was a kid, but still...

I venture occasionally into aircraft and Helicopters  but mostly cars. Even if it's the same tooling,  it was never that bad imo. If others think so  so be it  but there's plenty of us and some very knowledgeable people that don't think it's that bad. We're not talking Palmer  problems lol.

• Like 1

Let me just say this...my impression is that Street Gasser modelers are going to be ecstatic when this kit finally hits the market, not only for box stock kit builds, but as an invaluable source for other Street Gasser kitbash projects.  I reserve the right to change my view along the way, but that's my impression right now based on my latest knowledge of the project.  That's all I can say at this point....TIM 

And, Truly, with Street Gasser kits so few in number on the shelves right now, Moebius has much of the market to themselves.  I can see multiple sales just based on decal variations alone.  Also, I'd wager a large sum of money on the fact that the kit will be tooled with optional Wheels, Induction Systems, and possibly other small parts to depict different cars.

Not that we'll ever see all the parts in one box, but my guess is the tool itself will be set up to allow 3-4 versions of the kit. This has been Moebius's business plan in the past, and I doubt it has changed.

In fact, Multiple kits out of One Tool could be the reason the kit finally got Greenlit anyway.  Only time will tell, and as usual, we will hear much more of the backstory after the kits start selling to the general public, and those folks that know what happened will finally be able to tell what they know.  Finding out what happened (behind the scenes), is now common, but only AFTER the kits are out and selling.

I look forward to reading all about these kits next year.......after they've been steady sellers for 6 months.

Edited by alexis
Grammar

• 1 month later...

Encouraging.  Still, trust me, this image doesn't begin to do justice to just what a well designed and highly detailed kit this one will be when it finally becomes available for us to buy and build....TIM 

Edited by tim boyd

54 minutes ago, alexis said:

Look at the Awesome Headers on that Gasser! 

Yep....and the header collectors are even molded with a three-part sliding mold and open ends, so Larry G. won't have to drill them out!   :)  TB

Edited by tim boyd
  • Like 1