Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto quiz 395 - Finished

The car that I was looking for was the 1959 - 1962 Borgward P100 called Grosser Borgward. The car was The First one with an air suspension in Germany. It compete with the Mercedes Benz 220S. After the bankcupcy of Borgward in 1961 the the P100 Production line was sold to Impulsa Mexicana Automotoriz S.A. in Mexico. But they run out of money. In 1966 a new company called  FANASA build it as „230“ and „230 Pullman“. Production ends in 1970 again due to financial issue.

7B204E09-4890-4F46-B318-623106933EE7.jpeg

Edited by carsntrucks4you

It's a very unusual car. I saw one in Germany many years ago, and always remembered the little fins in the rear. The whole thing is Mercedes-esque, which of course it was supposed to compete with.

Saw one not too long ago in a mid-'60s Eurospy movie, didn't really recognize it until I noticed those little fins with the down-turned chrome strip at the rear.

I saw this earlier in the week and while I knew it was something Borgwardish, I got distracted with work and other things and never did a full search of exactly what it was.

26 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

It's a very unusual car. I saw one in Germany many years ago, and always remembered the little fins in the rear. The whole thing is Mercedes-esque, which of course it was supposed to compete with.

Saw one not too long ago in a mid-'60s Eurospy movie, didn't really recognize it until I noticed those little fins with the down-turned chrome strip at the rear.

Yeah Bill, at first glance Mercedes came to mind, but those fins were a giveaway that wasn't what it was.