Model Cars Magazine Forum
Super28

#3 1969 Rambler SC

Starting this one. 1969 Rambler SC. Opened the doors. trunk already opens

#1.jpg

20181007_222908.jpg

I love that swirly blue plastic! If it were mine, I'd polish that plastic up and build it that way. 

3 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I love that swirly blue plastic! If it were mine, I'd polish that plastic up and build it that way. 

I would but there are too many defects in the molding

Looking forward to watching the progress on this one! You are off to a great start!

This is going to be interesting, we don't see too many American Motors cars being built. Like the idea of opening doors, the start looks promising so this one should be a great looking Rambler when it's done. I'll be following...

Looks great.How much $$ did you spend for this kit?I have the same one sealed.I don't think I'm going to build it anytime soon,even though I really want too.

2 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Looks great.How much $$ did you spend for this kit?I have the same one sealed.I don't think I'm going to build it anytime soon,even though I really want too.

Don't remember, Bought it back in the 80s or 90s. If you got it, build it and enjoy it. You could die tomorrow and it will end up in a yard sale, lol.

Really. I've got mine numbered and going to build them as I get to them. Actually, I'm building them in "steps" That's why this is #3. I'm actually working on 5 right now. Rotating them as I go. that way I work on a different one each time. There will be a bunch more by the time I finish #1, A re-build on a 1970 Dodge Challenger

Being a big Rambler fan, this car has been on my lust list since the day it came out.  Looking good!

On 11/13/2018 at 7:09 PM, NYLIBUD said:

x2! I got mine in a trade, have wanted to build it but I keep changing direction on it. One minute- pro tour, next minute, stock. Probably will be a combo of the two.

I like the opening doors/trunk idea, I don't know if I am brave enough to try that on an old kit though!

Will be following this to get inspired.

It's not a bad kit but requires some work.  Really a 1966 posing as a 1969 meaning tail lights must be modified.

Ok. Finished the motor for the SC/Rambler. Few "after market" parts. Air cleaner, Distributor, oil filter, (Made my own "Fram" decal ), Alternator bracket. Lost the fan belt, had to go through the parts box to find another one

On to # 4.  1960 Ford

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Well, BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH! Started to work on this one again but the right rocker panel is gone and the right windshield post is broke. Gotta fix those first!

8 (1).jpg

8 (2).jpg

Ok made new rocker panel on right side. Re-enforce rockers on both sides, (will do this first on all models I open the doors on from now on). And I glued the windshield post with some "Extreme Power" glue, "Thick" . Will let this dry a couple of days and then try to sand it to right shape. If that doesn't work, I'll have to re-enforce it with stock and work around the new thickness of the plastic in that area.

20190731_222748.jpg

20190731_222735.jpg

3 hours ago, Superbird McMonte said:

What paint scheme are you doing, A or B?

The one on the box

Put some primer on the body. Got a bunch of work to do on it. ......later:)20190802_143640.thumb.jpg.3ec9285a94b5c547795113e820b6c558.jpg

20190802_143649.jpg

20190802_143659.jpg

20190802_143707.jpg

20190802_143712.jpg

20190802_143717.jpg

This is a cool project.  I have one on the bench to build as well.   Cant wait to see how this turns out!    What paint did you use for your engine?

8 hours ago, Ben269 said:

This is a cool project.  I have one on the bench to build as well.   Cant wait to see how this turns out!    What paint did you use for your engine?

Rustoleum Silver from a rattle can with Tamyia clear blue through a airbrush

Used 44 of these bolt heads to get 20 of them for the wheels. The other 24 went flying somewhere. Sure I'll find them over time, when I don't want to

18.jpg