Model Cars Magazine Forum
Super28

#3 1969 Rambler SC

Doing the frame and body in Createx pearl white over Createx Opaque white. Can you tell it's pearled?

20190829_231337.jpg

Impressive work! Love those old Johan models. I built a ton of 'em back in the day.

OK, Finished the frame. Move on to #4, 1960 Ford. Getting bored with this one. Time to move on! 

20190902_154519.jpg

20190902_154541.jpg

20190902_154552.jpg

OK, Cut the doors from the interior tub. Now comes the modifying the body to get the interior tub to fit and making the door jams. Oh joy, (not!) 

24. 12-19-2019.jpg

Working on the interior now. Going with black and bare metal foil. Sanded down the molded pedals. Went into parts box and found a set I like. Going with black embossing powder for carpet. Check out pics and tell me what you think

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Did the carpet in black embossing powder from Hobby Lobby. Did the mat in Tamiya gloss black

20201017_165047.jpg

Kinda try fit. i think it will look great when i finish. Comments? Suggestions?

20201017_185344.thumb.jpg.bff5a3dbb0adf461d4d75da9060619ec.jpg

Pedals from Parts Box with photo etch overlays. Will mount behind the dash and hang down

10 Pedals.jpg

Your doing a nice job. I really like your project....

On 8/29/2019 at 11:04 PM, Super28 said:

Used 44 of these bolt heads to get 20 of them for the wheels. The other 24 went flying somewhere. Sure I'll find them over time, when I don't want to

18.jpg

I moved around some furniture in my model room to install my new paint booth. I have a hardwood floor. I scraped the entire floor area with a business card and put the resulting pile of dust, hair etc into a shoebox lid.., what did I find?  Photo etch wheel weights and seat belt buckles, a kit door handle, several brass dollhouse nails and a few small kit parts I didn’t even realize I was missing!

17 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I moved around some furniture in my model room to install my new paint booth. I have a hardwood floor. I scraped the entire floor area with a business card and put the resulting pile of dust, hair etc into a shoebox lid.., what did I find?  Photo etch wheel weights and seat belt buckles, a kit door handle, several brass dollhouse nails and a few small kit parts I didn’t even realize I was missing!

I have carpet in mine. Hate to vacuum the room cause every time I do it sounds like a machine gun going off. Never find anything when I dump it, but I know there was something in it!