Model Cars Magazine Forum

New "most annoying sound"

smhardesty

I'm sitting here watching and trying to enjoy the Braves & Dodgers game. I realized there is just no way I'll be able to enjoy it so I muted the sound and I'll just watch. The ridiculous chant the crowd does, over and over, while they swing their foam "hatchets" in the air is just mind-numbing. 

Yep. I definitely have a new most annoying sound. This even outdoes fingernails on a blackboard.

54 minutes ago, High octane said:

I usually mute the sound when I watch the White Sox  play ball on TV as I can't stand the announcers at all. And that is putting it mildly.

Yeah, I do that for several announcers. Hawk was one, but he's not really around anymore. I have to admit that I much preferred Jack Buck or Vin Scully. It's the "analyst" position that gets to me and that's especially true of football announcers. 

2 minutes ago, Bucky said:

This one, right here........

Fran Drescher....I'd rather hear nails on a blackboard!!!

Dang. Here I go again. Who the devil is SHE? Must be from some TV show and not movies, or at least not the type of movies I watch. I don't recognize the name at all.

2 hours ago, smhardesty said:

I'm sitting here watching and trying to enjoy the Braves & Dodgers game. I realized there is just no way I'll be able to enjoy it so I muted the sound and I'll just watch. The ridiculous chant the crowd does, over and over, while they swing their foam "hatchets" in the air is just mind-numbing. 

Yep. I definitely have a new most annoying sound. This even outdoes fingernails on a blackboard.

Funny.

The new Braves stadium, SunTrust Park, is a few miles from my house.

One of the most annoying sounds to me these days is ANYTHING while stopped dead in traffic, trying to get anywhere in the vicinity, or past it on US-41, I-75 or I-285, 2 hours before until 2 hours after any game.

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

One of the most annoying sounds to me these days is ANYTHING while stopped dead in traffic, trying to get anywhere in the vicinity, or past it on US-41, I-75 or I-285, 2 hours before until 2 hours after any game.

There are a few advantages to living in a really small, podunk type city. Not many, but that's certainly one. Never a traffic jam.

20 minutes ago, smhardesty said:

There are a few advantages to living in a really small, podunk type city. Not many, but that's certainly one. Never a traffic jam.

When I moved here back in the '80s, it was pretty far removed from the hustle of downtown Atlanta, though I could be in the city in half an hour. It had a quiet, small town atmosphere, and seemed more like a country town than a suburb. I had the best of both worlds. Since then the growth has been astronomical...the latest big-deal being the construction of the new stadium. I really don't understand why people want to live on top of each other, or why they all seem to go the same place at the same time.

Anyway, I'll be leaving within 6 months...back to a smallish town, but in the desert this time.  image.jpeg.18661200969dfe25aa6ab84f27762a5e.jpeg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

3 hours ago, smhardesty said:

Dang. Here I go again. Who the devil is SHE? Must be from some TV show and not movies, or at least not the type of movies I watch. I don't recognize the name at all.

From the show NANNY:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkp7wsJc8MI

It's the voice I can't stand...not the accent! LOL

Edited by Bucky

The most annoying to me is Dick Vitale, sports "announcer" for college basketball, all too often when my UNC Tarheels are playing.   I used to turn the sound off and listen to the radio, but I discovered many times I was watching a different game than they were.

13 hours ago, smhardesty said:

OK. Call me stupid, or at least uninformed. Who is she? Other than movies and live sports I just don't watch TV.

Try watching HGTV. She and her now X husband buy and flip houses in southern California. I never thought she was into anyone but her self from the start years ago and she has only gotten more obnoxious since they split. She is what used to be called "High Maintenance" .  Very pretty to look at, but she would break your heart.  

• 2 months later...
On 10/9/2018 at 5:42 AM, 1930fordpickup said:

Joe Buck, Bob Costas, Brent Musburger and Kirk Herbstreit  they can not retire fast enough for me. 

Cris Collinsworth.  The only thing more annoying than his voice is his 'football knowledge'.  He went to twp Super Bowls and was on the losing team both times....and a costly fumble in his first one.  I'd rather hear commentary from a guy on the winning side about how to be successful

On 10/8/2018 at 6:19 PM, smhardesty said:

Yeah, I do that for several announcers. Hawk was one, but he's not really around anymore. I have to admit that I much preferred Jack Buck or Vin Scully. It's the "analyst" position that gets to me and that's especially true of football announcers. 

I miss Vin Scully, he was the "voice" of Dodger Baseball around here. 

4 minutes ago, Jantrix said:

On TV? It's the narrator from Curse of Oak Island. No question. Everytime he speaks I fight the urge to throw a brick at the TV. Instead I just mute it or fast forward.

Interesting. He doesn't bother me at all. I love that show. 

But now that you've headed down that road, Tony Beets from Gold Rush. And his wife is even worse. And I can't stand Rick's stupid cockeyed hats. You're not a 15-YO gangbanger, Rick, wear a grownup's hat! :lol:

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:43 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Funny.

The new Braves stadium, SunTrust Park, is a few miles from my house.

I am dreading the completion of the new football stadium. Traffic quadrupled with the new hockey team. I-15 south bound into California currently backs up for over 20 miles now on Sundays. We have the closest sports teams for those folks living in the high desert of San Bernardino County. I can't imagine what it's going to be like after football gets up and running. We are seriously thinking of leaving the Las Vegas valley and heading north.

28 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Interesting. He doesn't bother me at all. I love that show. 

But now that you've headed down that road, Tony Beets from Gold Rush. And his wife is even worse. And I can't stand Rick's stupid cockeyed hats. You're not a 15-YO gangbanger, Rick, wear a grownup's hat! :lol:

It's not his voice. It's that he repeats everything they find/learn back as a question immediately afterward, and then spends the next five minutes rehashing everything that lead up to that moment from the beginning of recorded time. He introduces every cast member, everytime they appear on screen. I literally fast forward the hour show down to 15 minutes of actual content.