Model Cars Magazine Forum

Okay, how do I word this?

Umm...for inspiration, you should look at the Astro van used by a guitar company whose name starts with V and is named after a part of the female reproductive system. 

Here's a link. Don't worry, there's nothing graphic, unless you're offended by a word starting with V.

Lifted "guitar" van images

It's a black Astro, lifted, with oversized white wheels. Last I read, he was swapping in a 6.2L V8 from an Escalade. Looks a lot like your original image.

As an aside, the company is real, I've played one, and it's fantastic!

12 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Okay, how do I word this?

Umm...for inspiration, you should look at the Astro van used by a guitar company whose name starts with V and is named after a part of the female reproductive system. 

Here's a link. Don't worry, there's nothing graphic, unless you're offended by a word starting with V.

Lifted "guitar" van images

It's a black Astro, lifted, with oversized white wheels. Last I read, he was swapping in a 6.2L V8 from an Escalade. Looks a lot like your original image.

As an aside, the company is real, I've played one, and it's fantastic!

REALLY ??? In todays politically correct world they pulled this off ?? 

On 10/9/2018 at 9:23 AM, espo said:

I can see painting it white or some other lighter color. Make it a 4 X 4 when you lift it. NSAPCO used to do 4 X 4 conversions thru GM and I think Ford also in the '70's. 

The Astro did come as an AWD model, though pushing bigger tires like that means a solid axle swap would be the way to go!

4 hours ago, Jordan White said:

The Astro did come as an AWD model, though pushing bigger tires like that means a solid axle swap would be the way to go!

Now that you mentioned it I do remember the AWD Astro Vans, in fact my brother -in-law has one. That was a much more conventional drive system in that there was now body lift. As I recall he was getting a one or two year old model in the 1990's. The reason I mentioned the NAPCO conversion was that working at a Chevrolet dealership we got a few in in the late '70's. 

21 hours ago, espo said:

REALLY ??? In todays politically correct world they pulled this off ?? 

Sort of. He has sort of a cult following, and is more of a boutique brand. And the folks at the NAMM convesntions still won't let him have a booth, even though he's a member. And Gibson, who is one of the most copied brands out there, seem to delight in giving him cease and desist letters. Snoop around the  website, lots of references to Gibson Guitars and their lawyers. The Facebook page is pretty  funny too.

But, he does well, sells guitars. Even Slash wears his gear! I have one of the t-shirts. Big logo and the catch phrase "If you don't like V----- then you probably play keyboards." I don't wear it though, because I'm a grown up with kids. lolz :P

17 hours ago, Jordan White said:

Yeah, the AWD Astro vans are not designed for off road. It's an all wheel drive system for better traction and safety on road. Although, you can get lift kits. And there are companies doing proper off road ready lift kits.

On a somewhat related note, my company has about 200-300 Quigley 4X4 vans in the fleet. GMC/Chev full size vans and Ford Transits. I love them. Full 4X4 conversion, a real transfer case, 4HI and 4LO, and 3" lift kits. On a van.

IMG_20161101_1544119.jpg

IMG_20161101_1544443.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...