Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Miata Mk1

CabDriver

2 hours ago, dublin boy said:

Finally got here by long range Helicopter with twin tanks Jim!

Still looks a bit high?

I've been messing with the ride height a lot this past week, especially knowing that these kits have a rep for sitting high when they're built out of the box.  I shaved almost a 1/16th of an inch off the front and rear subframes to drop the ride height a touch - much more of that on the back and the axle wont line up to the driveshaft and the chassis brace.  That DEFINITELY helped (as dropping about a scale inch should) and it's close to the proper stock ride height for a 1:1, I think:

2v2EhmtAFxue8Lf.jpg

2v2EhmiF3xue8Lf.jpg

The front will snuggle down a little when I fit the front bumper - these side-by-side shots really show how oversized the door handles are compared to the 1:1 :D

Thanks buddy! 

Yeah, the bumpers actually fit into the body nicely, they pretty much clip right in...they don't look the best though.  Something else I'll rework on the next one of these I do (which was kinda the point of building this one - to see what needed work and what worked well already...plus to end up with a decent-ish shelf model at the end of the build!)

Front bumper on for good...

2v2Eh5G1Lxue8Lf.jpg

Rear bumper on for good too...

2v2Eh5Gpgxue8Lf.jpg

Just a few small bits to add before giving it a polish and calling this one donezo