Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius '65 F-100 Flareside Pickup!

That's looking pretty fair but before the steel gets cut, there is one little teensy thing that could stand some finessing...

66f1.jpg

65mbfrd.jpg

The windshield has a distinct arch at the top, with the front drip rail reflecting this. The prototype's flat front roof is unfortunately visibly inaccurate. Ironically, the rear roof edge appears to have too much peak.

mike

Edited by mk11

10 minutes ago, mk11 said:

That's looking pretty fair but before the steel gets cut, there is one little teensy thing that could stand some finessing...

...The windshield has a distinct arch at the top, with the front drip rail reflecting this. The prototype's flat front roof is unfortunately visibly inaccurate. Ironically, the rear roof edge appears to have too much peak.

:D  I noticed that too. I figured I'd just smile, go on my way, and correct it when I build one. You have some serious nads risking the wrath of the "good enough" crowd.  :D

2 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

:D  I noticed that too. I figured I'd just smile, go on my way, and correct it when I build one. You have some serious nads risking the wrath of the "good enough" crowd.  :D

Can't leave well enough alone can you Bill? If the issue bugs him he can fix it. That's fine. Why is it a freaking crime to not be bothered by it????

1 hour ago, Classicgas said:

Can't leave well enough alone can you Bill? If the issue bugs him he can fix it. That's fine. Why is it a freaking crime to not be bothered by it????

Let me see...hmmmm...nope. I didn't say it's a crime.

Why is it a crime to agree with somebody about an obvious flaw?

What's the new standard of conduct here? If I can't lavish fawning praise on everything, just shut up?

It's a nice model. I'll buy one. I'll fix the issues. Mine will look more like the real thing than this does at the present time...unless the manufacturer elects to further tune the tooling.

Why does that make people angry?

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Okay everyone.

There is no "right" way to build a kit. 

This has come up so many times in the past couple of weeks. 

If you want to correct any flaws, real or perceived, then you are right and should totally do so.

If you just want a kit that looks good and will leave it, you are right and should totally do so.

If you're doing what makes you happy, then you are right and that doesn't make everyone else wrong.

Enough with the bickering and passive aggressive calling out of one another. Seriously.

Some of you take your opinions way too seriously. That goes for people on both sides of the accuracy fence.

53 minutes ago, 426 pack said:

Awesome I will be getting at least one of these.

Dose anyone know if it is going to have a solid front axle or the goofy twin I-beam front axle?  

Being '65 was the first year for the all new Twin I Beam I would say it will be just that....

11 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Okay everyone.

There is no "right" way to build a kit. 

This has come up so many times in the past couple of weeks. 

If you want to correct any flaws, real or perceived, then you are right and should totally do so.

If you just want a kit that looks good and will leave it, you are right and should totally do so.

If you're doing what makes you happy, then you are right and that doesn't make everyone else wrong.

Enough with the bickering and passive aggressive calling out of one another. Seriously.

Some of you take your opinions way too seriously. That goes for people on both sides of the accuracy fence.

I agree completely.

10 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Funny how when viewed at a different angle, it appears to be much closer to the 1:1.

That's the whole thing. Lots of different factors come into play comparing photos of a model and photos of a full size vehicle. Even lighting can affect whether something looks right or not.

Cool to see that this one is getting close to being on the shelfs. I want one, just like I want pretty much any pickup kit. I will buy it and any other variations on the same basic tooling just like I have bought every version so far of the 67-72 kits.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:42 PM, mk11 said:

The windshield has a distinct arch at the top, with the front drip rail reflecting this. The prototype's flat front roof is unfortunately visibly inaccurate. Ironically, the rear roof edge appears to have too much peak.

Here is a visual of a '64, same cab lines as '65-66,. It does appear the arch is the same both front and rear of cab. The black and white photo is a '65 when virtually brand new, another history lesson for Moebius, note again, carry over rims with carryover hubcaps from '64.

IMG_5712.JPG

IMG_5711.JPG

IMG_5715.JPG

Edited by leafsprings

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Yeah, this is great news! This is one of those must have kits that I need to buy when they're out. It's a beautiful body style and great to see it being the Flareside version. Only complaint that I have is those windows with the window trim molded in them.:unsure: Hopefully Moebius would stop doing that in the future...