Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is my first experience with resin parts. Its not much different. I clean well with Bleech White to remove any of the release agents and I trimmed up excess flash from headlights openings, window and fender openings.  sanded the entire part prior to primer.  the Resin appears to be a harder material than styrene however I've not not much different to work with overall.

Thanks for the compliments and encouragement.

Got bed floor finished.  Finished interior. Attached the visor to the cab without any mishaps. Very happy about that.  Cleaned up rear window by making a new one.  Added some details to bed side bolts.  Used a black wash on the panel lines around door. I’m planing to spray future with my airbrush on all body, cab and bed floor. I got one side of the tailgate chain completed.  I’m fairly pleased with it.  I used 1/32” heat shrink on the chain. What do you guys think? Does it look to far out of scale? 

078CAA65-6121-4210-B324-4D1912B3E5A4.jpeg

524FD4D0-5EA8-467C-9498-DF323BC4D2A0.jpeg

B2FECEB4-A82E-46B5-A6DE-6BCE3350B4CC.jpeg

D4DFC6E0-2263-433F-8D52-DD02C88B23CA.jpeg

028F3B1A-6978-484E-BCF8-BFF06CB21BC7.jpeg

CC894A04-E9FB-4D65-8AA1-1DFF7AC56749.jpeg

Great looking build so far and I like how you did the bed. The tailgate chain its self looks a bit out of scale. If you have a JoAnns Fabrics or a Hobby Lobby in your area you can check their Jewelry section, or maybe there is a craft store in your area that offers jewelry supplies.  I have gotten several chains in different sizes and colored plastic (great tail lights) and even tools.   

I agree it’s a little big. I Picked this up in the jewelry making supplies at Walmart awhile back.  I’m going to leave it for now. I may change it later, I’m cutting close on time to be at show Saturday. I do think the heat shrink helps the look though.  I was at car show yesterday and took a couple of photos for reference. 

963715BE-0AF2-4688-A646-1CB21871892F.jpeg

Edited by Gerald Haney
Typo

I agree on the shrink wrap for the chain, it gives it that extra depth of realism.   On another note, I'm looking at the picture of the 1:1 truck with the doodlebug cycle in the back. I'm thinking since you live in Kentucky and the Bug is licensed in Kentucky that the California plates on the truck for show only. I know a lot has changed since I left California in 1996, but on the old Black/Yellow plate on the truck would have been for a trailer and not a truck. Truck plates from that era would have had a prefix of a letter and two numbers then a space and three numbers. The left side renewal sticker looks like 1965 and the right side looks like 1970. I see these pop up at swap meets around here sometimes and I know they are considered popular for what ever reason. I have noticed a lot of owners here in Kansas are now getting retro plates from the year that their car was first on the road, I think that is pretty cool thing to do.  

• 3 weeks later...