Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRAT comes out ahead - so in we go!

Faust

• 4 weeks later...

Got the Brat today, looks like a neat kit.  Expanded decals w/ gauge faces, has the 'Retro Deluxe' info decal on the box directly instead of the wrap as they usually do, odd.   One small chrome tree w/ chromed headlights and taillights, wheels molded in white.    Tires don't have any white lettering.

1 hour ago, Classicgas said:

Pics?

I tried posting some, but got an error on each photo. 

Trying again, uploaded some pics to my Fotki account.   It looks pretty much the same as the original issue, besides now being molded in white and the additional decals. 

decals

Oddly the interior tub wasn't bagged.

2v2ETTirjxEMg7.jpg

chrome

2v2ETTi8MxEMg7.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall

• 2 weeks later...

Since I'm still in the middle of mine, I can tell you that kit looks exactly the same. Even the tires look identical to the original. Even though they're not pad printed (a shame), they should be good. They are a TINY bit too narrow for the rims, but I've seen way worse.

That new Decal Sheet is awesome! However, that's a later striping style. I am not sure, because I've been focusing on late '70s ones, but that's more like into the '80s. I'm not sure if that's correct for this kind of BRAT or not - it's closer to the decals on the second series. Still, they're going to work better than my originals will!

I hope you enjoy it, man! I'll be posting an update on mine in a couple of weeks. Things have gotten a bit stalled. 

Let me know if they put anything on top of the engine. There's a clear alignment rib, but nothing goes up there on mine. Fixing that would be awesome! 

If I didn't have the old one already, I'd be kicking down doors to get this one! 

It's not the best kit, but it's miles and miles better than their mid-'70s kits, and the interior detailing is quite good too. There are issues, of course, but hey, it's a BRAT! What else do you want?