Model Cars Magazine Forum

Life is on hold

KWT

May God be with you and your family in this time of need. I cannot imagine the pain you are all going through and will go through in the coming months. It sounds like your son will win this fight and with your love and support, come out of it in due time. Prayers for you all to recover completely and quickly. This is the part of being a parent that is the hardest.

Thank you everyone. It is all appreciated immensely!

And I have to get this out there... HIS LEFT EYE HAS A LITTLE RESPONSE TO IT!!! And the PT said his range of motion has improved so much they are impressed!!

Folks I'm about to bust at the seams... They got him up for PT today. Was going to walk for the first time in 2 weeks... Not only did he walk from the bed to door (with a walker, PT, and me in tow) he walked all the way down the hallway and back. 

I said, man I'm shocked. His PT said, you are not the only one.

Edited by KWT

So glad to hear of your sons progress.  My daughter and three friends car flipped over a slick highway (the driver fell asleep) and two girls were unscathed, one had facial injuries and broken bones and my daughter had a lot of cuts and bruises and a concussion but under the circumstances I consider her lucky to be alive after being ejected out the rear window.  We got the call from the police at 4am and they did tell me she was okay knowing it was going to take two hours to drive to see her and the others.  The seriously injured girl recovered after surgeries and rehab and it's four years after now and it's a day I'll never forget.  Take one day at a time and faith will get you though this rough time.

Yesterday the doctors and rehabilitation team got together to discuss progression status, to try to come up with a target date.

At this time, as long as he stays on the path he's on now, we have a projected discharge of 11/7!

He's determined to get home, though some of his rehab sessions leave him a little frustrated. When we have one of those, we have a good pep talk and he's good to go. 

Yesterday we rolled up in front of a window and looked at how the cooler weather had taken over since he's been in there. And then played cards for over and hour. That is the most time he's been able to do anything since being awake... Due to fatigue or unable to focus. It was awesome, and he felt so good afterwards that he had been able to play for so long.

Weve sat and talked of memories, that he's starting to have.. Does this old cold heart good to see him smiling and even laughing again.

Thank you all again for the kind words and prayers. He has read them, and says thank you also.