Model Cars Magazine Forum

Life is on hold

KWT

On 10/28/2018 at 9:23 AM, thatz4u said:

With GOD.....ALL things are possible...

That's right!

They have removed his trAch tube. He is now breathing extremely well without it. His balance and walking continue to improve. And he vision in his left eye is gradually improving also!

Everything is still moving at a forward direction!

Tomorrow we start training as a family to continue care and rehabilitation after his discharge. Still hoping for a date next week.

Edited by KWT

Folks I just wanted to let you know that my boy was discharged today. He still has his feeding tube in  his stomach for the time being, but his jaw has partially been unwired. We're home and about to start the next leg of his journey. Outpatient rehab process will be several months...

I want to thank you all again for the prayers, thoughts, and well wishes. He has read the thread and thanks you all, too.

Edited by KWT

My son went to his neurologist yesterday. His brain shows signs of bruising, but no bleeding in sight!

Today 11/15, which is his mom's birthday, he got his feeding tube taken out.

Great things are happening!! 

Edited by KWT

I have so much to be thankful for this year.

My son is on the mend. There is still much improvement daily. Now that we are home from the hospital, I don't see him as much. But when I do, I'm completely blown away how different everything is since the last visit.

Monday morning, we go back to the hospital for outpatient surgery to remove the brackets from his mouth. Minor procedure, but he will have to be put to sleep for it. Rehab is going great....

On the downside I just found out I'm getting laid off and the medical bills have started rolling in. Makes me cringe a bit every time I open an envelope...But well worth every penny.

Thanks again to all my forum family. I appreciate it all! Happy Thanksgiving!

4 minutes ago, KWT said:

My son is on the mend. There is still much improvement daily. Now that we are home from the hospital, I don't see him as much. But when I do, I'm completely blown away how different everything is since the last visit.

Monday morning, we go back to the hospital for outpatient surgery to remove the brackets from his mouth. Minor procedure, but he will have to be put to sleep for it. Rehab is going great....

On the downside I just found out I'm getting laid off and the medical bills have started rolling in. Makes me cringe a bit every time I open an envelope...But well worth every penny.

Glad to hear the good progress that your son is making, and both of you are still in my prayers.

18 minutes ago, KWT said:

Happy Thanksgiving to your family, you really have a great reason to be thankful..

• 3 weeks later...

Things are progressing quite well. He still has a minor hairline fracture in his jaw that will heal in time.. his vision has returned mostly. There was severe tissue damage around his eye which has caused it to droop. There are planning a surgery to place an implant to raise his eye which "should" fix all his vision problems. Last Saturday he went with his girlfriend to the winter formal and won king and queen... My pride and joy is on the mend and I'm tickeled to death.

IMG_20181123_163855976.thumb.jpg.11206ceb36ef573c1fba4edd45a7d980.jpg