Model Cars Magazine Forum

Titanic bouncy toy

NYLIBUD

Just curious,I saw this bouncy kids toy on line.On one hand,it's sort of cool.It's just a toy,but I wonder if its appropriate for kids, or not?I mean over 1,500 people died that night when the Titanic sank.?Hmmm.My girlfriend is totally against renting one for an upcoming party for my 7 YO nephew.But kids don't know what happened to the ship.Most probably never heard of the ship.

IMG_4580.JPG

Edited by NYLIBUD

10 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Could be worse, like something with a World Trade Center theme.

Exactly,I mean it's not Twin tower slides.Well now my sister also put the idea to bed,so to speak.She said no way,bad taste,it's not funny,people died.Whatever.

There is a lot of bad taste out there.  I think kids attractions should stay away for tragedies.  It shows a lack of respect for others.  We don't need an Alamo, Gettysburg, USS Arizona, Chicago fire or other such bouncy house.  Being civil and respecting others seems to have left the building!

"What, it's just a movie?!" (Sarcasm)

I'll bet if you were to look at the label on the bouncer for the country where it was made, it would probably be from a faroff place that has no connection to American history and couldn't care less about it. As long as the produced item is sold and makes them money, their conscience is clear.

Seems like we've become a society of "If it doesn't affect me, it's not my problem". Sad, but true.

Ah yes, that's hilariously tasteless.

I imagine there will also be slinky Titanic dresses available for the Halloween crowd.

There's a video clip I want to link that sarcastically addresses the way historical events become fodder for comedy as all living memory of the actual people involved in the event fades...but the title of the video wouldn't fly here, haha. Here's a quote, anyway: "I suspect the answer is, it happened a long time ago, so it's funny. Even the most radioactive material has a half life. The first World War is due to 'go hilarious' in 2040, with World War II to follow in 2090! "  --comedian David Mitchell, from "David Mitchell's Soapbox". 

4 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

So I take it that those the feel it is in bad taste do not watch movies and TV based on a true story?

I love that when they say something is based on a true story. The original participants often can't agree on what was true and what was not in any story. So just think about what Hollyweird will come up with.   

7 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

So I take it that those the feel it is in bad taste do not watch movies and TV based on a true story?

Not at all.  Do I  small a bit of trolling here? The bad taste is the fact that it is a toy made for kids to bounce on (and have innocent fun with lots of laughter).  When watching  a movie depicting carnage, a normal person does not have fun, laugh or enjoy themselves. They usually feel sad (and even shed a tear sometimes).