Model Cars Magazine Forum

I wanted to warn all model builders. DO NOT buy or order anything from Reliable Resins! I ordered a 1966 Mercury Comet Caliente resin kit from him a year ago and I still haven't received it. Ive made numerous calls to him over the past 12 months and its one excuse after another. Ive finally given up and the guy took me for 100.00.

31 minutes ago, Harpo said:

Googling "reliable resin complaints" tells the story, and it's not good.

Yup! Did just that, and you'll see a reeeeeal long string of links that aren't that great. My previous response above was due to the fact that each time that business is mentioned (or his name) it can very quickly turn into a skunk spraying match with threads in the past getting locked down.

The search results speak for themselves, so there's no need to get into it here though........... ;) 

Eric, I don't know how you paid him, but if it was through PayPal, you might try filing a dispute with them or your credit card company. Stories like yours unfortunately are all too common, and it's time it came to a screeching halt.

Edited by MrObsessive

Users/customers  have been complaining about how unreliable they are for years. I remeber posts back in 2009 when I first joined up here about the same issues of time dragging on FOREVER before an order was filled. 

He does sell on Ebay which may be a safer option for purchasing if  there was something that couldn't be purchased elsewhere given Ebays' guaranteed delivery.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/got_de_mottz/m.html?item=232887730644&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I've always wondered how some businesses that have a poor reputation for delivery can offer PayPal as a option.

I'd have thought PayPal would be withdrawing their service if they were racking up persistent complaints about the business practices of a retailer.

20 hours ago, Roncla said:

He does sell on Ebay which may be a safer option for purchasing if  there was something that couldn't be purchased elsewhere given Ebays' guaranteed delivery.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/got_de_mottz/m.html?item=232887730644&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I've always wondered how some businesses that have a poor reputation for delivery can offer PayPal as a option.

I'd have thought PayPal would be withdrawing their service if they were racking up persistent complaints about the business practices of a retailer.

Pay Pal, like Ebay, is in it for the money - nothing more - nothing less. Just m opinion. Look at some sellers feedback ( especially the offshore ones ) and you wonder why they are allowed to sell on an ongoing basis. WEbay collects tjheir fees and that's what it is really all about as far as they are concerned.

1 hour ago, Bobdude said:

The sad part about this post is even after reading the comments,someone else will willing send their money to this vendor thinking that his buying experience will be different than the others that were taken in by him.

No, what is sad about this post, is that there will be more post about this vendor, and more, and so on. 

I think they need to make a sticky about Unreliable so more more postings about it are made.  Maybe a bad vendors sticky? They have one for out of production, so why not? 

Edited by Daddyfink

13 hours ago, Yahshu said:

I bought some stuff from him from his site and I received my items quite quickly, maybe he likes Australian's more than Americans. 

My first order with him was a good experiance. The second order, not so much. Took almost 2 years  and envolment of our Harry to get my order. 

Recommend contacting the Better Business Bureau in the state he /his business resides in. That what it took to get results with my dealings with him a couple of years back. Since then I use US Postal MO so in case a transaction goes south, involving USPS will yield results.

Since that unfortunate incident with RR, all other business transactions with resin dealers have been more than positive have my full support in the efforts to have a business,  make a profit and  contribute to a hobby we all love.

7 hours ago, kitbash1 said:

My first order with him was a good experiance. The second order, not so much. Took almost 2 years  and envolment of our Harry to get my order. 

That might explain it, that was my 1st & only order to date. 

PayPal has a finite time limit on disputes. I placed an order and rec'd notice that it had shipped. 15 days later, there was absolutely no activity on tracking. I could have driven to his door in 30 mins. When I inquired about my item, is when I learned that it had not even been made. It was a game to run out the clock. I pushed the issue with PayPal, who also thought the item had shipped. All documentation was saved. My profile on his site showed that he was only giving me back  partial refund, keeping the PP portion. In the end, PayPay refunded me the full amount.

On 10/11/2018 at 9:32 PM, Easy said:

I wanted to warn all model builders. DO NOT buy or order anything from Reliable Resins! I ordered a 1966 Mercury Comet Caliente resin kit from him a year ago and I still haven't received it. Ive made numerous calls to him over the past 12 months and its one excuse after another. Ive finally given up and the guy took me for 100.00.

Thank you Eric for doing the right thing and trying to warn us about your experience. I didn't want that to get lost. 

• 2 months later...

Yes , thank you for sharing . There was a bad traders list once upon a time here , or was it a thread ? I posted about my being a Victim of Matt  Conte .  Yes , he prolonged me to run out the clock .. Thanx .. 

Edited by dimaxion

2 hours ago, dimaxion said:

Yes , thank you for sharing . There was a bad traders list once upon a time here , or was it a thread ? I posed about my being a Victim of Matt  Conte .  Yes , he prolonged me to run out the clock .. Thanx .. 

No one loves Ebay but as a buyer the protection is pretty good.   As a seller you can get hosed by people saying the item was damaged and they do not even have to prove it.   Ask me how I know. :(

On 10/14/2018 at 7:51 PM, satterwhite78 said:

Recommend contacting the Better Business Bureau in the state he /his business resides in. That what it took to get results with my dealings with him a couple of years back. Since then I use US Postal MO so in case a transaction goes south, involving USPS will yield results.

Since that unfortunate incident with RR, all other business transactions with resin dealers have been more than positive have my full support in the efforts to have a business,  make a profit and  contribute to a hobby we all love.

Been there done that.did no good. he got me for $250.BBB does nothing,just racks up another complaint under his business page.