Model Cars Magazine Forum

Maverick Pro Stock

raisin27

Im new to the site and looking through the post it seems there are lots of great modelers here! I see there are a few names on here I know and several others that i hope to get to know.

For my first post what better than my current project, a Maverick pro stock. This is going to be done as Dyno Don Nicholsons red and black car. I stared with a JoHan Maverick jit and added shock towersfrom a Monogram Boss Mustang. The motor is a 427 Cammer Ford, I found these cool wrinkle wall slicks at a swap meet and I will be using Slixx decals. For the grill I just couldnt come up with anything that made the chrome plated molded in headlights look right so I drilled them out and put in a set from the Revell 32 Ford kit.

Thanks for looking

Raisin

P1015643.jpg

P1015638.jpg

P1015692.jpg

P1015700.jpg

Hey Mr. Raisin! I take it we both drifted from that other place....I still visit but no posting.....have not seen your name there lately either. I just hooked up here today.

Anyway I see you are still branching out yet still in the Ford family! :lol:

Since a Maverick was my first car, I love too see scale builds...can't wait to see this one completed!