Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GaryR

Is Resin Realm in business or not?

Recommended Posts

Read they were closed (here) but the website is still up.

Are they still open or not?
Anyone know FOR SURE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. I wanted to check with buyers first. The S&S castings look pretty rough, I am very wary of most casters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a kit from them five or six years ago, and it was just like it is now--you couldn't really tell if they were in bidness, or had it in stock, or whatever. But I took a shot. 

Got the exact item I ordered and it came fairly quickly. Looked it over carefully and decided it would take FAR more skills and/or time than I had either of to get a result I would be happy with. 

Emailed the RR owner (named Steve, IIRC?) and he offered me a full refund no problem, but I'd have to pay return shipping & insurance. 

Ended up selling it to another modeler on another board (he might be here, too, I think) for what I had in it, including shipping, or close enough to make me happy. Never heard any complaint from him, so I guess he was okay with it. 

I say give it a try. I believe their models are mastered by several different modelers, so what you get might be better than the one I did. Good luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Double post.

 

 

Edited by SfanGoch
double post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 1:20 PM, GaryR said:

Read they were closed (here) but the website is still up.

Where did you read that? Post a link. Obviously, Resin Realm/Star Models is still in business since the styrene kit lists were updated on Oct 9 and I order from there regularly. Why don't you email Steve @ stevekohler@cox.net? He replies promptly and will let you know if what you're looking for is available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 12:20 PM, GaryR said:

Read they were closed (here) but the website is still up.

Are they still open or not?
Anyone know FOR SURE!

Yes, ordered 3 weeks ago & received 3 days later.

   Right NOW.....is right in the middle of a run of shows he does.....I will actually see him in person in about 4 weeks ..."at" a show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered a '40 Ford 4-door sedan body from in July of this year.  It came pretty quickly.  As everybody else has said, I emailed Steve first to make sure he had it. 



 

40_4dr.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Resin Realm is out of business.  Star Model, which is hosted inside resinrealm.net, is still in business.  I just ordered from Steve 2 weeks ago.

As for the resin offering, he sells Flintstone as well as his own line, which I believe were Hendrix before.  They are not top notch, but still very workable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a 1939 Chevy 4 door sedan from him earlier this year.  Easy to do business with.  I would buy from him again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Star Models/Steve Kohler is still in business. This summer we ordered a couple of resin kits with a friend of mine. I ordered the '50 Lincoln Custom and that particular body is very good quality. But not all of those bodies are as good from what I've understood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi just email Steve at star models I have bought both plastic and resin kits from him for over 15 years he's a very nice guy and safe to deal with it may take a day to get a reply but he works to he never takes any money if the item is not in stock that's why you have to email him first if he has the item you can order it he does not have it he will not take the order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 12:34 PM, Snake45 said:

I bought a kit from them five or six years ago, and it was just like it is now--you couldn't really tell if they were in bidness, or had it in stock, or whatever. But I took a shot. 

Got the exact item I ordered and it came fairly quickly. Looked it over carefully and decided it would take FAR more skills and/or time than I had either of to get a result I would be happy with. 

Emailed the RR owner (named Steve, IIRC?) and he offered me a full refund no problem, but I'd have to pay return shipping & insurance. 

Ended up selling it to another modeler on another board (he might be here, too, I think) for what I had in it, including shipping, or close enough to make me happy. Never heard any complaint from him, so I guess he was okay with it. 

I say give it a try. I believe their models are mastered by several different modelers, so what you get might be better than the one I did. Good luck! 

Snake  it was me and the '64 Olds Cutlass . It is workable . It is an old original run R&R . It lacks chassis and running gear . I also was there in the beginning . Think TKM Models .  I thank you still . Thanx ..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dimaxion said:

Snake  it was me and the '64 Olds Cutlass . It is workable . It is an old original run R&R . It lacks chassis and running gear . I also was there in the beginning . Think TKM Models .  I thank you still . Thanx ..  

I was thinking it was you but couldn't remember for certain. I'm glad you're happy with it. I would never have been able to get it built. Oh, and it wasn't a '64 Cutlass, it was a '65 4-4-2. I later bought a resin '64 Cutlass off eBay and it is VERY nice--obviously from a different maker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve owns Star Models.  I just bought a 58 wagon from him last week and it arrived yesterday. Email him at the email provided above. He’s pretty good about getting back quick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:D:D:D

My purchases from Steve have been primarily at shows.  Has always been a FIRST CLASS person.  He handles products from (obviously) "different" suppliers...…  Some of the things that I have gotten were "thin wall", very nice units....some were "rather chubby" and required some "thinning down", but, all in all, I have ALWAYS been happy with my dealings with Steve.  

DJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you email Steve, he always lets you know if he has it and how much.  Sometimes the price is better on some kits he really wants to sell. A great guy all round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve is a Great Businessman as in the same stratosphere as Modelhaus , WCW , Missing Link .. Top Notch . I would list many more that deserve this Credit . I am trying to cut down o my LONG posts .

Thanx .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is a old topic, but I been waiting on a email reply from steve for a while now.  I was trying to buy the '56 Ford Club Sedan body for my plan to cut it up and convert it into a Town Sedan.  He didn't have any in stock and was supposed to email me when he got more in.  That was back in November 2017.

 

I sent another email a couple weeks back or so and I haven't received a reply so I don't know if the company is still in business or not as of this point in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Rusty_S85 said:

sent another email a couple weeks back or so and I haven't received a reply so I don't know if the company is still in business 

Sending PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...