Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is Resin Realm in business or not?

I bought a kit from them five or six years ago, and it was just like it is now--you couldn't really tell if they were in bidness, or had it in stock, or whatever. But I took a shot. 

Got the exact item I ordered and it came fairly quickly. Looked it over carefully and decided it would take FAR more skills and/or time than I had either of to get a result I would be happy with. 

Emailed the RR owner (named Steve, IIRC?) and he offered me a full refund no problem, but I'd have to pay return shipping & insurance. 

Ended up selling it to another modeler on another board (he might be here, too, I think) for what I had in it, including shipping, or close enough to make me happy. Never heard any complaint from him, so I guess he was okay with it. 

I say give it a try. I believe their models are mastered by several different modelers, so what you get might be better than the one I did. Good luck! 

On 10/12/2018 at 1:20 PM, GaryR said:

Read they were closed (here) but the website is still up.

Where did you read that? Post a link. Obviously, Resin Realm/Star Models is still in business since the styrene kit lists were updated on Oct 9 and I order from there regularly. Why don't you email Steve @ stevekohler@cox.net? He replies promptly and will let you know if what you're looking for is available.

On 10/12/2018 at 12:20 PM, GaryR said:

Read they were closed (here) but the website is still up.

Are they still open or not?
Anyone know FOR SURE!

Yes, ordered 3 weeks ago & received 3 days later.

Right NOW.....is right in the middle of a run of shows he does.....I will actually see him in person in about 4 weeks ..."at" a show.

Resin Realm is out of business.  Star Model, which is hosted inside resinrealm.net, is still in business.  I just ordered from Steve 2 weeks ago.

As for the resin offering, he sells Flintstone as well as his own line, which I believe were Hendrix before.  They are not top notch, but still very workable.

Yes, Star Models/Steve Kohler is still in business. This summer we ordered a couple of resin kits with a friend of mine. I ordered the '50 Lincoln Custom and that particular body is very good quality. But not all of those bodies are as good from what I've understood.

Hi just email Steve at star models I have bought both plastic and resin kits from him for over 15 years he's a very nice guy and safe to deal with it may take a day to get a reply but he works to he never takes any money if the item is not in stock that's why you have to email him first if he has the item you can order it he does not have it he will not take the order.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2018 at 12:34 PM, Snake45 said:

I bought a kit from them five or six years ago, and it was just like it is now--you couldn't really tell if they were in bidness, or had it in stock, or whatever. But I took a shot. 

Got the exact item I ordered and it came fairly quickly. Looked it over carefully and decided it would take FAR more skills and/or time than I had either of to get a result I would be happy with. 

Emailed the RR owner (named Steve, IIRC?) and he offered me a full refund no problem, but I'd have to pay return shipping & insurance. 

Ended up selling it to another modeler on another board (he might be here, too, I think) for what I had in it, including shipping, or close enough to make me happy. Never heard any complaint from him, so I guess he was okay with it. 

I say give it a try. I believe their models are mastered by several different modelers, so what you get might be better than the one I did. Good luck! 

Snake  it was me and the '64 Olds Cutlass . It is workable . It is an old original run R&R . It lacks chassis and running gear . I also was there in the beginning . Think TKM Models .  I thank you still . Thanx ..  

5 hours ago, dimaxion said:

Snake  it was me and the '64 Olds Cutlass . It is workable . It is an old original run R&R . It lacks chassis and running gear . I also was there in the beginning . Think TKM Models .  I thank you still . Thanx ..  

I was thinking it was you but couldn't remember for certain. I'm glad you're happy with it. I would never have been able to get it built. Oh, and it wasn't a '64 Cutlass, it was a '65 4-4-2. I later bought a resin '64 Cutlass off eBay and it is VERY nice--obviously from a different maker. 

• 2 weeks later...

:D:D:D

My purchases from Steve have been primarily at shows.  Has always been a FIRST CLASS person.  He handles products from (obviously) "different" suppliers...…  Some of the things that I have gotten were "thin wall", very nice units....some were "rather chubby" and required some "thinning down", but, all in all, I have ALWAYS been happy with my dealings with Steve.  

DJ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I know this is a old topic, but I been waiting on a email reply from steve for a while now.  I was trying to buy the '56 Ford Club Sedan body for my plan to cut it up and convert it into a Town Sedan.  He didn't have any in stock and was supposed to email me when he got more in.  That was back in November 2017.

I sent another email a couple weeks back or so and I haven't received a reply so I don't know if the company is still in business or not as of this point in time.