Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Ford Pickup 60's Style Altered

Dennis Lacy

Another vintage drag Altered on my workbench is this 1932 Ford Pickup. The picture below was my inspiration.

pickupaltered-vi.jpg

The basic foundation is the '32 style frame from Revell's '29 Roadster / '30 Coupe kits, a Drag City Casting chopped resin cab (amazing quality!) and a Lindberg '34 Pickup bed.

I started this one a while back and here's the most recent mock up pictures I have. The front axle and wheels are from the Monogram Slingster Dragster, the rear wheels and slicks are from the Revell Orange Crate. The cab is channeled the height of the frame and bed has been heavily shortened and channeled as well. The bed and cab visor have been drilled liberally.

DSCN5688-vi.jpg

DSCN5692-vi.jpg

DSCN5690-vi.jpg

DSCN5694-vi.jpg

Up front I removed the front cross member and frame horns, added a round tube front cross member and used the spring mount from the Slingster frame.

DSCN5697-vi.jpg

The rear axle is the Halibrand quick change and axle tubes from an AMT '25 T kit. The housings were extended a but with Revell '40 Ford brake plates and finned Buick drums from Revell's '29 Roadster / '30 Coupe kits.

DSCN5698-vi.jpg

I put in a Model A rear cross member from an AMT '29 Roadster frame then drilled it full of holes. I also added a round tube rear spreader bar to the frame horns then drilled them between the bar and cross member.

DSCN5695-vi.jpg

DSCN5696-vi.jpg

The engine is the Buick Nailhead from Revell's '29 Roadster. I sawed off the automatic transmission then reworked the transmission adapter housing from a Revell Ed Roth Tweedy Pie T. I then added the trans adapter plate and B&M Hydro trans from a Revell Cadillac parts pack engine.

DSCN5701-vi.jpg

DSCN5702-vi.jpg

I made some solid motor mount plates up front.

DSCN6150-vi.jpg

DSCN6152-vi.jpg

I used the tubular transmission cross member from Revell's '29 Roadster / '30 Coupe kits.

DSCN6154-vi.jpg

DSCN6155-vi.jpg

Lots more to do!

B)