Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche kit question

I'm on a bit of a Porsche building run at the moment and looking to widen my collection. Can anyone tell me if the Revell and Italeri kits of the 911 in various forms are the same kits as Revell?  Are these just re-boxings or different moulds?  Fujimi seem to have some overlap also but I'm not aware that Fujimi ever shared kits with anyone else.

Edited by Red318
Edit to replace 991 with 911

50 minutes ago, afx said:

The 991 series was introduced in 2012.  Not aware of any current kits of this series.

Image result for porsche 991

Afv thanks - you are correct - I meant to type 911 - although I would love to see a 991 too.

2 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I don't have your specific answer, but Testors released some Fujimi Porsche kits.

Image result for fujimi /Testors Porsche

Ace garageguy  - thanks for this I didn't know about the Testors range, I don't think they were ever sold in the UK.  The Fujimi 356 kits now command silly prices.

Revell (Venice and Germany) issued some Fujimi Enthusiast Series 911 kits, and the Germans have issued some Italeri 911 kits. Revell has also made some 911s themselves, and reboxed the Monogram kits too. Just too complicated of a situation to generalize. If you post a specific kit you want to know about, that would be best. 

Edited by Don Sikora II