Model Cars Magazine Forum

Very cool.....I never got one of those.....wish I did.  It triggered memory of me going once a month to the hobby shop and ordering 5 Roundhouse MDC 3 bay C&O hopper cars. Total was under $10.....lots of money when I was making $2.25 hour driving delivery. Still have them all.....about 25 of them. 

1 hour ago, Little Timmy said:

She's looking good !

I grab Roundhouse / Model Die Casting kit's , whenever I find them ! ( I love their "Battle Mountain kit's !  Lot's of kit-bashing potential. )

I think I have all the Battle Mtn kits.......great kit bash supply. 

It's a little switcher from Bachman , I have several , it is the drive system for the box cab .

On30_Davenport.jpg

I usually buy these on sale , I think I paid $26 a piece for them . I watch Trainworld for sales and pick up things I can convert to On30 engines or cars .  I bought 5 powered Alco B units for $20 each , it cost $82 to convert one to sound , so I have just over $100 in a sound engine I can build a body for . The last order I picked up 2 Alco FA2s and an RS3 with sound for $99 each and 2 Plymouth Industrial engines with sound and a remote for $49 each . So I'm good for projects for a while .

Edited by oldnslow