Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 Chevy Garbage Truck

Calling this one done.  Monogram Garbage Truck  gave the body, Revell 1941 Chevy pickup donated the cab and chassis.  Wheels are from Jimmy Flintstone.  I remember the garbage trucks when I was growing up had garbage cans hanging from under the body.  The packer body in the Monogram kit is small for a truck, but seems just right for a a smaller pick up chassis.  Paint is Testor's Model Master Acrylic Gloss Green and Gloss White.  Tires are Polly Scale Grimy Black.  Rear fenders are scratch, see build thread for how.

168270519.jpg

168270520.jpg

168270521.jpg

168270522.jpg

168270523.jpg

Edited by Warren D

Warren: That's perfect!!!  I remember a local trash contractor who had small trucks like this only on International chassis and he had the trash barrels on board just like you have shown!  He also had a rake and shovel mounted for when things get stuck.  Some nice decals on the packer body would finish it off!  Great job!  Don't forget to dirty it up a bit where the trash gets dumped!:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Chariots of Fire said:

Warren: That's perfect!!!  I remember a local trash contractor who had small trucks like this only on International chassis and he had the trash barrels on board just like you have shown!  He also had a rake and shovel mounted for when things get stuck.  Some nice decals on the packer body would finish it off!  Great job!  Don't forget to dirty it up a bit where the trash gets dumped!:rolleyes:

Thank you Charles, coming from you that means a lot!

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, redneckrigger said:

Nicely done! I wonder how many people this thread influenced to getting a garbage truck kit to try doing one themselves? I can tell you one!

Thanks, LOL the prices on the 'bay will be going up!  Maybe I should have bought up a bunch before posting!