Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Dodge Charger (General Lee)

Gumball

Built this a few years ago. I ended up displaying it in a mode l shop near where I live. Unfortunately the guy who owned the shop ended up closing, and stole 8 of my models including this one. Today all I have is pictures, but at least I hope its under somebody's glass somewhere.

FB_IMG_1519315769689-1.jpg

FB_IMG_1519315764854.jpg

FB_IMG_1519315775499-1.jpg

FB_IMG_1519315760804-2.jpg

FB_IMG_1519315779371-1.jpg

43 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Beautiful job! Too bad you lost it. That's why I can't bring myself to leave mine on display somewhere else, I'm afraid of that happening to me too.

Yeah its a shame. But at least it east my Shelby Cobra kit! The "Lee" is easy for me to replace anyways, because just so happen to own 9 of the same kit.

8 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Nice job,it looks like you added some kind of NASCAR or oval car chassis and engine.Very cool take on an old favorite.

Its actually a stock, right out of the box build, no kitbashing whatsoever. On the other hand there was 3 models manufactured on the same exact chassis (general Lee, 73 street charger, and a 73 Richard petty charger)