Model Cars Magazine Forum

This just in, Revell and AMT, they are the same company

Funny story. i called my local chain hobby store asking for a specific AMT kit

Me: i asked do you have the AMT Ford kit?
Them: we dont have that year, but we have this year (tells me the year i was looking for)
Me: ok, but it says AMT?
Them: Yes, but going forward, you dont need to ask about the company, AMT, revell, they are all the same company. just ask which car you are looking for
Me: AMT and Revell are the same?
Them: Yes. 
Me: Interesting

Drives to chain hobby store to find the model they said they had is not the model they said they had. sigh

Edited by youpey

That hobby shop might actually still be in the old millennium. Those inter-dimensional portals can be be quite annoying, popping up where you least expect them. Heck, one time I started drinking in a club in Garmsch-Partenkirchen in Bavaria and the next thing I remember was waking up in Innsbruck, Austria.

18 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

That hobby shop might actually still be in the old millennium. Those inter-dimensional portals can be be quite annoying, popping up where you least expect them. Heck, one time I started drinking in a club in Garmsch-Partenkirchen in Bavaria and the next thing I remember was waking up in Innsbruck, Austria.

That would explain the Renwal '66 Packard kits on the shelves.  They weren't from the Revival series, but actual '66 Packards.

Yes, AMT and Revell is the same company. So is also Ford and Chevrolet, and the Corvette will be branded as a Ford in the future, atleast that was what a friend of mine told me some years ago. I think we where 11 or so at the time and now we are 34 and the Corvette is still a GM product.

On 10/17/2018 at 2:51 PM, Richard Bartrop said:

And all restaurants will be Taco Bell.

I went into Taco Bell and tried to order a Dominos Pizza and when the girl looked at me very puzzed and said they don't sell pizzas I then asked for a bucket of chicken but by then the manager had come to the counter and told me either place an order or leave!LOL

Some people have no sense of humor so I went two doors down to Taco Johns!:lol: