Model Cars Magazine Forum

14 minutes ago, eastown said:

50 reply's----   13 have been from you/ its only a model car.

I didn't realize that we were keeping count.

If you can think of a better avenue for getting advice from the members here, I'm all ears.

You're correct Bob, it's a model car.

This is a model car forum.

Steve

Oh brother, It started out as a kind hearted gesture.

The writer only wanted some thoughts on how to be generous to somebody else, and it ends with a couple "Grumpy Gus's" getting all bent out of shape over how many posts are on it? Are you guys serious?

Steve, best to have a moderator just lock this one up or better yet delete it. Share your stuff how ever you desire. You got some great ideas here already. Some people just can't deal with other people's good fortune.

Good night and God bless.

Edited by Oldcarfan27

56 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Oh brother, It started out as a kind hearted gesture.

The writer only wanted some thoughts on how to be generous to somebody else, and it ends with a couple "Grumpy Gus's" getting all bent out of shape over how many posts are on it? Are you guys serious?

Steve, best to have a moderator just lock this one up or better yet delete it. Share your stuff how ever you desire. You got some great ideas here already. Some people just can't deal with other people's good fortune.

Good night and God bless.

Thanks Pat.

I suspect that this thread has about run it's course anyway.

Thanks everybody, for your helpful ideas.

I will take them all into account while I decide what to do with the kit.

I guess at this point there is little harm in revealing that it is an MPC 1965 Dodge Monaco.

So as you see, it's not just a typical kit & is worthy of a bit of consideration as to what should be done with it.

When it makes it's way to it's new home, I will inform the recipient of the identity of the gifter.

I would prefer that he not be bothered by anyone for whatever reason.

He's a stellar individual & I would rather that he remain anonymous at this time.

Oh, by the way Patrick.

Please don't include Joe, (SfanGoch) in your list of "Grumpy Gus's"

He is a terrific guy & I happen to know that his last response was a "tongue in cheek" jab that was not directed towards me. ;)

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

5 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I guess at this point there is little harm in revealing that it is an MPC 1965 Dodge Monaco.

Steve

Thanks! Curiosity was killing me!

I can think of at least two or three people on this board who would love to have it, and are skilled enough to do it justice, and who are productive enough to actually get it done. (BTW, I'm not one of them.) B)

3 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Thanks! Curiosity was killing me!

I can think of at least two or three people on this board who would love to have it, and are skilled enough to do it justice, and who are productive enough to actually get it done. (BTW, I'm not one of them.) B)

How about sending me a PM with a little information Snake! ;)

Steve

11 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

How about sending me a PM with a little information Snake! ;)

Steve

What, the names of those I'd consider "worthy"? You know them already. Probably better than I do. B)

Again, it's not me. Not for this project, anyway. Another one, maybe....B)

29 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

What, the names of those I'd consider "worthy"? You know them already. Probably better than I do. B)

Again, it's not me. Not for this project, anyway. Another one, maybe....B)

I can think of a couple, but I thought that you might have some individuals in mind who I hadn't thought of yet.

Steve

3 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I'd say, you don't need to tell anyone who you gave it to. It's none of our business. 

Again, it would make it a spectacle. And like winning the lottery, some people are bound to pester the recipient to try to acquire a gem like that!

Keep it between you and him.

I will Patrick.

There will not be an "announcement" when it leaves.

And just like the gifter had done for me, there will be no strings attached.

They can do with it whatever they would like.

Just for my peace of mind, I was hoping that it would go to someone who would treasure it.

I would really hate to see it on ebay in a couple of weeks!

I guess the entire concept of this thread was to try to glean a little bit of information to help me make that decision.

It would have been much easier to just post it in the trade section as a "free to a good home" post, but then there would be no telling where it might wind up, & I'm positive that I still would have had to make a decision in the end.

I guess I figured that if I did it this way, I might gain some sort of epiphany as to where it should go.

Steve

36 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I can think of a couple, but I thought that you might have some individuals in mind who I hadn't thought of yet.

Steve

I managed to clean out enough of my message storage to send you one. PM sent. I included my email--easier to communicate with me that way. B)

1 minute ago, Snake45 said:

I managed to clean out enough of my message storage to send you one. PM sent. I included my email--easier to communicate with me that way. B)

Thanks Snake!

I will email you shortly.

I can use all of the help that I can get on this matter.

Two heads are better than one! ;)

Steve

49 minutes ago, ChrisBcritter said:

And to the deserving recipient... build thread please! :)

Steve, what parts was it missing?

All of the parts are present!

The only issues were that the exhaust/rear suspension assembly was broken up a bit, the tail light was broken in half & there is no chrome on the majority of the chrome parts.

Oh, I take that back!

I believe that the windshield is missing.

Should be a pretty easy resto.

Steve

On 10/22/2018 at 12:42 AM, gman said:

Now we need to turn this into a "round up the missing pieces" thread to increase the odds of seeing this beauty built.

I have no such pieces in my parts box, or I'd happily donate.

I like that idea!

If anybody has the glass or steering wheel for an MPC '65 Monaco that they can spare, let me know & I will give you the recipients address so you can send them to him.

The rest of the kit will be shipped out today.

Steve