Model Cars Magazine Forum

53 stud wagon

damodelguy az

that's a great looking conversion.

I think extending the "cove" past the back of the door and closer to the rear wheel opening might reduce the "heavy" look of the back half of the wagon that the new roof line is creating.

(just a thought)

12 hours ago, blunc said:

that's a great looking conversion.

I think extending the "cove" past the back of the door and closer to the rear wheel opening might reduce the "heavy" look of the back half of the wagon that the new roof line is creating.

(just a thought)

That sounds like a good idea. I'd also move the B-pillars up to the door line, or pretty close to it. 

this shot with glass in place gives more of a look to the side glass, has hardtop look at the door jam. its coolm it was grayed in the kit. the chassie and interior are from the magnum kit. lot of slice and dice, and grind.  narrowed and shortened chassie, same with interior. but did put stude dash back in it.  getting there,  slooowly.  thanx for coments guys

Resized_20181023_201828_3793.jpeg

Resized_20181022_203500_7351.jpeg

Excellent work!  This type of custom often suffers from the "tail droop" look, but this one is solid.  Also good that you resisted putting oversized wheels and tires on it, instead going with realistic rubber.  Could pass for stock.