Model Cars Magazine Forum

1937 Plymouth Truck with an Air Radial Engine: On the Workbench 10/18/18

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:).......I got some more mods done to the body.......I added diamond plat to the side steps.......I made a oil tank......I made taillights and side blinkers ........I made the exhaust system .......I made all the structure underneath the truck.......I modified the rear end and front end and nose........I still need to do a few more modes to the body......then I will start on the chassis.......thanks for looking

DSCF0112_zpslrkhzvck.jpg

DSCF0114_zpswyl89324.jpg

DSCF0115_zpsptfncste.jpg

DSCF0116_zpshxenh9oe.jpg

DSCF0117_zps0vnw8krt.jpg

DSCF0118_zpsxac97l6q.jpg

John... Awesome Fab work you have done so far. The whole bed cover is amazing with the Detail that has gone into it. You are certainly crushing this build out of the part just like you do on all of your build. This build is shaping up quite nicely. Keep up the Killer work!

Tom... Shapeways charges by volume of material used specifically by the cubic centimeter as well as for the support material and possibly the volume in the printer that the model takes up which is used during the printing process. Over the years ShapewYs has changed their ways how they were charging to print and they are going thru another process change as we spreak.

My guess is that this engine was one solid model that the designer made so it prints as an assembly. This could be why it is so pricey besides the Designer can add a mark up to the price which would be the designers profit and the rest goes to shapeways. Now if this was designed in multiple pieces the volume of material could of been less which would then make part cheaper to print and have a lower cost. Lets say you have a cylinder and you hallow out the center, it doesnt charge for material in the hallowed out area. I hope that makes sense

Hello......thanks guys,I really appreciate you checking in:).......I got a few more mods done on the body........I made a Fuel Tank and Primer Tank.......I also started on the chassis and  and used a parts box rear end......I will work on the from end next......thanks for looking 

DSCF0137_zpsoc7zewl3.jpg

DSCF0138_zpswwjey0f3.jpg

DSCF0139_zpsbw6x1qn7.jpg

DSCF0128_zpsd3yz7kgn.jpg

DSCF0127_zpsspn33ybk.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello........Chris ,Jason,Oliver.......thanks guys for the kind comments........I really do appreciate them:).......I got the front end mocked-up.......I scratch built most of it and used some parts from the parts box that I modified to work........just about ready to start on the interior.....thanks for looking.

DSCF0157_zpssb0sk5l6.jpg

DSCF0156_zps2ggjpnpn.jpg

DSCF0155_zpsqe9dmlaz.jpg

DSCF0154_zps3hlhc0sm.jpg

DSCF0153_zpsycojsgk7.jpg

Hey John,  so, I turn my back for a few days and now you've gone and started this one in the truck section.  I can't believe what you're willing to tackle, and then make it happen.  Such an outrageous build but if anyone can pull it off it's you.  Now you'll excuse me but for some reason I have a real sudden urge for some swiss cheese.  ;)   Cheers !!