Model Cars Magazine Forum

1937 Plymouth Truck with an Air Radial Engine: On the Workbench 10/18/18

John, I just had to do a bing search to see the pics of the real thing.  You ARE killing the details of this.  I want to buy stock in the faux rivet decal company (Archer I think? ) as you're going to need sheets and sheets of them. I never realized how much detail there is in the real one.  This has to be one of the ambitious builds you've undertaken to date.  I especially like your eye for design details,  1 example being the seat support and it's shape/curvature that you picked up beautifully.  Such a build!   cheers, tim

• 2 weeks later...

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really da appreciate them:)......I got the body painted Alclad and added Archer Rivet decals..... I need to add the name decals to it and then weather the body........I got the engine finished, its a Shapeways 3D printed engine......I added an exhaust and push rods,I painted it Alclad and and painted parts of it Black and different shades of a wash......I used "Pro Tech"  nut and bolt ends, rubber fuel line ,and spark plug wires......I used RB Motion spark plug boots.......I also used parts box detailing parts.......I scratch built the seats and painted Alcald then added Archer Rivets and gave them a wash, and made some seat cushions ........I got the front end and rear end finished ,I painted them and gave them a wash........thanks for looking

DSCF0194_zpsd1vszaqe.jpg

DSCF0196_zpsq2zerjbe.jpg

DSCF0200_zpsuaee69bj.jpg

DSCF0199_zpsbh43jy6m.jpg

DSCF0198_zpscmo5zbzw.jpg

W T H !!!!  Where have I been? Just getting caught up on this riveting build and I must say you're been a busy Johnny. When I saw the original car picture in the first post, I almost jumped out of my seat in anticipation and excitement. You certainly haven't left one detail out on this brother. Keep after it.

19 hours ago, John Teresi said:

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really da appreciate them:)......I got the body painted Alclad and added Archer Rivet decals..... I need to add the name decals to it and then weather the body........I got the engine finished, its a Shapeways 3D printed engine......I added an exhaust and push rods,I painted it Alclad and and painted parts of it Black and different shades of a wash......I used "Pro Tech"  nut and bolt ends, rubber fuel line ,and spark plug wires......I used RB Motion spark plug boots.......I also used parts box detailing parts.......I scratch built the seats and painted Alcald then added Archer Rivets and gave them a wash, and made some seat cushions ........I got the front end and rear end finished ,I painted them and gave them a wash........thanks for looking

DSCF0196_zpsq2zerjbe.jpg

I have GOT to ask this question....is there anything you CAN'T do in modeling??? It seems there's nothing that's out of your reach John. Terrific modeling.

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments ......I really do appreciate them:)........I weathered the body with a light wash to tone down the Alclad......I got the interior mocked-up nothing glued in place yet.......I made and detailed the interior and used some "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends to dress it up a little .......I made the dual steering wheels and got those attached.......thanks for looking

DSCF0217_zpsk6my0goh.jpg

DSCF0214_zpsdluml4dc.jpg

DSCF0213_zpsaxqyxggq.jpg

DSCF0216_zps2glalcui.jpg

DSCF0215_zpsjwcnbgnc.jpg

DSCF0222_zps1hchcjry.jpg

Edited by John Teresi