Model Cars Magazine Forum

1937 Plymouth Truck with an Air Radial Engine: On the Workbench 10/18/18

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:).......I did some work in the trunk area.....I made a fire bottle, Fuel Tank, over flow tank.....I added a gas cap and electric fuel pump.......I attached the rear suspension and rear wheels ......the Moon Wheel Caps are from "Parts by Parks".......I made made a  bunch of parts for the interior cab......I also made the 2 sets of dual brakes......I used "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends,detailing wired some rubber fuel line.........I also installed the glass and the engine.......thanks for looking

DSCF0247_zpsxlsm1sra.jpg

DSCF0230_zpsee5q0hxl.jpg

DSCF0246_zpsa0yat7vk.jpg

DSCF0229_zpswpjk14gq.jpg

DSCF0245_zpsywhjdp7k.jpg

DSCF0244_zpsxo8l30do.jpg

That is some pretty cool stuff that is going on with this build. As Brad said, is there anything you can't do. Awesome work. This has been a fun build to follow along. I know you have to be extremely close to the finish line on this one. Makes me wonder what you will start next.

Hello......Brad,Chris,Rick.....thanks guys for the kind comments I really do appreciate them:).......I got the front suspension on and the front wheels.......I modified a front fan and got it attached.......I got the pulleys and belt on.........thanks for looking

DSCF0267_zpsh37461gs.jpg

DSCF0266_zpsgtf2hozt.jpg

DSCF0249_zpslwurqprb.jpg

DSCF0262_zpseradlwd6.jpg

DSCF0261_zpsc6fy38ze.jpg

22 minutes ago, Belugawrx said:

Really nice work here John !

Always like seeing your Alclad work,..do you clear it with Aqua Gloss before touching it ?

Cheers

I had the same question. I can never handle my Alclad much after applying and it looks like you'd have to handle this model a lot during the construction process.