Model Cars Magazine Forum

1937 Plymouth Truck with an Air Radial Engine: On the Workbench 10/18/18

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:49 PM, John Teresi said:

No....I don’t clear coat the Alclad......I try not to handle the Alclad as much as possible .....I use soft tissues to handle .....and if some rubs off , I just re-Alclad what ever area rubbed off

thanks

I didn't think you did but I had to ask as there's lots of handling during the build. Always learnin' from you John. Always.

So much to soak in John.  I just looked at your start date of this thread and just can NOT understand how you do this at such a high level and yet so quickly.   Far too many details to compliment you on, but obviously another stunning Teresi build.   cheers, tim

First things first, incredible (as per normal) work on all aspects and details on the build. Secondly, props on the prop. Yes John, I did have to do that and you know it.

Secondarily, yes, (Thanx 4 Askin'), I'm fine. For those of you who know me, since I stopped building models, I changed course and have gone ape doo-doo on Legos.

In my ongoing depressive state, I couldn't generate the motivation to do what John and y'all do to compete. Painting was never my strong suit, but construction, now we're talking.

I've done Star Wars Legos on and off while still modeling. Now it encompasses my entire home. I've added display cases and about 40 new builds in the last year.

Easy peasy, no wiring, plumbing or paint. Old modelers never die, they just move on to a different phase.

Anyway, I'm always watching, so if the question ever comes up, "I wonder if Zilla saw that?" That would be a yes.

A special hello to all of the MCM Family and all of the friends I've made here. I'd start naming you all, (Chris, Tim, Brad, Dave.....), but we'd be here all day.

Hi-Jack Complete. I now return you to Southside Johnny's Traveling Automotorcar Show.

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.....I really do appreciate them:)........I got the passenger seat installed  and used "Pro Tech" 5 point seat belt harness.......I bought a few 1/25 scale guns from Ebay that my friend Steve help me find and I modified them to make a  gun that resembled  the 1:1 gun that is in the 1:1 Truck and got that installed......thanks for the help Steve.......I got the front nose clip on and made a hood ornament for it.... painted Alclad and lightly weathered .......Gary with GWS Decals made me some really cool decals and I got those applied, thank you Gary ......I got the doors on .......My buddy Curt Ratz printed me some "Remove Before Flight" baners........I got those applied, thank you Curt ......I also made the roof details......I also made some Chocks.....almost done with this build......thanks for looking.

DSCF0268_zpsjb0ob3op.jpg

DSCF0269_zpsje77u7ly.jpg

DSCF0272_zpsskf08hiy.jpg

DSCF0286_zpswn503dsy.jpg

DSCF0276_zpsat9cj53t.jpg

DSCF0291_zpsytpeflgw.jpg

17 minutes ago, misterNNL said:

I checked this thread again today and am completely out of superlatives to use as compliments for your work. I have reread everything hoping to find what you used for the hose clamp detail on the engine but didn't find it. What did you use?

Hi....I believe they are made from MAS :Machined Alluminum Speciaties?.....my good friend sent them to me as a gift......but, I’m pretty sure that’s who makes them?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 10:45 AM, gasser59 said:

Johnny, this is such a wicked build, its just over the top, seriously over the top. Say, I've studied the photos and I can't see where the pistol and rifle went. Can you show some pictures of them? Actually, I just want to see more pictures.  :lol::lol:

If I remember correctly the hand gun on the real truck was on the center console along with some shotgun shells in a custom holder. That sounds odd until you find out that those shells were used to start those radial engines when they were still in the aircraft they were built for.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:49 AM, John Teresi said:

Hi....I believe they are made from MAS :Machined Alluminum Speciaties?.....my good friend sent them to me as a gift......but, I’m pretty sure that’s who makes them?

Thanks

I'll be checking into those. Thanks for the heads up John.