Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1968 Mercury Cougar XR-7 GT, 390 4-speed.

Tiger89

A pair of Diamond Blue '68s.  I used another Revell '68 Mustang kit for the front chassis section and engine bay on the Cougar.  The GTE hood was a resin piece found on E-bay.  I used custom-mixed Tamiya acrylics through an air brush and wish I'd used the can of aerosol automotive touch-up lacquer that I forgot I had.  Both models have some flaws, but they were fun to build.  Keith Marks decals used for the Cougar, and the tiny pinstripes were hard to work with.  The 1/1 Cougar is an XR-7, 302/automatic.  It would really be nice if Revell would do a '67-'68 Cougar like they've done recently with their new '67 Plymouth GTX.

IMG_2840.JPG

IMG_2841.JPG

IMG_2842.JPG

IMG_2843.JPG

IMG_2844.JPG

IMG_2845.JPG

Thanks for the complements.  I resumed building models earlier this year after about a 25-year break from the hobby.  That Cougar kit was in its original side-opening box for a couple years before I finally decided to tackle it.  It and the '67 AMT kit are getting scarce and valuable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...