Model Cars Magazine Forum

55' Chevy Convertible

Mahogany Rush

This was the 1955 Indy Pace Car by Revell. I decided early on not to use the decals and just make it a stock street ride. Bought it open from an estate sale and the windshield was broke in half. Glued it together because I had no spare. The purists will not like the engine red instead of orange, but I painted the car Rustoleum Coral and White, so I thought the orange would look too close to the body color. Fairly smooth build all the way. Thanx for looking.  EDIT: Oops, I forgot to attach the driver's side mirror before the pic.

55pacecar_box

55_convertiblepacecar1

55_convertiblepacecar2

55_convertiblepacecar3

55_convertiblepacecar4

55_convertiblepacecar5

Edited by Mahogany Rush

2 hours ago, Mahogany Rush said:

Thanx. No, nothing really to look at. All stock and no mods.

Just an observation (think of it as constructive feedback) the V8 emblems beneath the taillights were chrome...maybe a Molotow pen might be in order. The front fender wells were black; only the firewall was painted the body color...kinda late to remedy that.

4 hours ago, BigTallDad said:

Just an observation (think of it as constructive feedback) the V8 emblems beneath the taillights were chrome...maybe a Molotow pen might be in order. The front fender wells were black; only the firewall was painted the body color...kinda late to remedy that.

Appreciate it. I will chrome pen those emblems I missed. Leaving the fender wells alone though...lol. Thanx

• 2 weeks later...