Model Cars Magazine Forum
vamach1

Monogram Shelby Charger

Picked this up for $10 at a car show.  Anyone build it and if so what was your impression?

IMG_3039.JPG

IMG_3040.JPG

It's a nice build of a subpar car...the turbo did have a nice whine to it though...;)

Jeff

http://modelkitreviews.proboards.com/thread/74/monogram-dodge-shelby-charger-snaptite

Everything fits together very well, as was typical for Monogram kits of that period.. There are many mold seams to clean up, a few in challenging locations, particularly those along the hatch/upper quarter joint. The tail and headlight lenses have the large mounting pins, too, which isn't great. I do recall one or two small sinks marks on the body, and the "glass" looked a little too recessed, too.

I would give it a go if you're a fan of the car. A little more effort on body work getting everything aligned and evened out will do wonders for the finished model.

I looks like a nice kit, especially for a snapper.  :)  I've got the AMT Plymouth Horizon TC3 in my stash and they appear very similar as far as the parts go.  

Infinitely better quality than the actual car that it was based on. I had one. It was easy to work on, which was nice, because it always needed worked on.