Model Cars Magazine Forum

'64 Plymouth Al Eckstrands "Lawman"

ScottH454

The project post starts off with the car already prepped an airbrushed with a white base. The script emblems were removed from the side fenders as per reference photos. The hood center molding was shaved down to represent as if it was left off. The body has been in the masking stage for months.

IMG_0397.jpgIMG_0400.jpg

Countless Google searches looking for other photos or tips on such a complicated masking yielded nothing. With the very few 1:1 scale images I did find I was able to finally get it to the point of painting the second color. Now I have read the actual two-tone color was some red candy color but I was not gonna risk a thick edge for this detail so I went with Turbine Bronze.

IMG_0401.jpg IMG_0402.jpg

There was very little color bleed, some around the back window near the molding that I hope to sand off avoiding brush touch up.

IMG_0403.jpg IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg IMG_0406.jpg

My next step from here is an intercoat clear from Inspire Airbrush Paint. This is a solvent based clear as was the paint so I need to build up some courage to spray.

Edited by ScottH454