[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Oldmopars

L700 question, hole behind the seats

I have looked at as many pictures as AI can find, looked at the instructions and just can't seem to find what covers the hole in the back of the cab behind the seats. Is there anything.

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

I wonder the same thing and found nothing online to say for sure what, if anything, covers it.  It would make a nice spot for a mother in law, backseat driver, contraband or ???? 

Find the correct answer what if anything actually was over that thing and you will have answered one of life's great mysteries.  

Personally, I placed what looks like a piece of cardboard like headliner material over the top of it to represent "accessible...sort of".

Peace.   

Edited by olsbooks

built one of those 50 years ago , when they were the only other truck kit besides the california hauler, could it be that the opening was supposed to be there , maybe for storage or something like that ?

It's just an empty cavity from what I've seen. Very similar to the Ford C-series cabovers. Not big enough to use for much of anything.

2BE7B0D7-EA9C-49A7-9C13-18E7165BEA0B-663

Edited by Casey

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

It's just an empty cavity from what I've seen. Very similar to the Ford C-series cabovers. Not big enough to use for much of anything.

2BE7B0D7-EA9C-49A7-9C13-18E7165BEA0B-663

Nice, an L700 with Cummins. Those have to be few and far between.

It's just storage. My research led me to original brochures that mention it and show it.

Well, I decided to just cover it up with sheet stock. I may scribe a "Door" in it, but for now it is just covered. It just looked wrong, even if it was right.