Model Cars Magazine Forum

2015 Dale Jr Daytona winner

Fieldguy06

This is my 2015 Dale Jr Nationwide Stars and Stripes Daytona win car. The decals are from mprmprmpr and came out awesome, it’s Tamiya Black, Tamiya mica blue, and Tamiya white. I lowered the ride height, tucked the tires into the fenders, made a Superspeedway splitter. Thanks to mark for the decals, this car really tried my patience for sure.

2B4D7842-2AE9-4E5B-BCFA-B1ECE53BE2EE.jpeg

C014AF56-DFC5-4194-B037-8500776B5FE0.jpeg

2E0E73AB-9001-487C-AD09-9D173A62731B.jpeg

D6F9E4AA-4F12-4013-ADEA-8A8511F58DB7.jpeg

ADE9E52F-6568-492D-9E41-11E24C4B1CEC.jpeg

1 hour ago, MarkJ said:

Looks Awesome , Dustin. Paint, decal work, all top notch. You should be very proud of this build.

Thanks Mark really appreciate that!! I actually stripped this car 4 times and went thru 3 sets of decals before it came together. We were there that night he won in it so I’m gonna display with our family pic from the race.

10 minutes ago, Fieldguy06 said:

Thanks Mark really appreciate that!! I actually stripped this car 4 times and went thru 3 sets of decals before it came together. We were there that night he won in it so I’m gonna display with our family pic from the race.

Its always good to have a connection to the car, that will give you inspiration to get it done, no matter how many times you have to fight it, to get it right. Sounds like you will always have fond family memories when ever you look at this build..

59 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

Its always good to have a connection to the car, that will give you inspiration to get it done, no matter how many times you have to fight it, to get it right. Sounds like you will always have fond family memories when ever you look at this build..

We go to about 6 or 7 races a year and that’s why I build so many Jr cars, he was our favorite driver and it’s awesome to be able to build the cars and put the pics with them. I haven’t missed a Daytona 500 since 1987 lol, I grew up on nascar and so are my two boys.