Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dyno Don 1965 Comet

afxmustang

This is great news, so it looks like we get three of these Comet FX kits if the B/FX version is coming out at some point, too. I just got the Arnie Beswick version of this kit, but it looks like I'll have to get one of these as well. I really like these Comets, so great to see multiple versions of this kit.

Pardon my ignorance, but other than decals, what is the difference between this kit and the recent Beswick kit? My LHS still has a couple of the Beswick kits left, so wondering if I should grab it, or just wait for this new one since I don't plan on building it in either box stock livery.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Pardon my ignorance, but other than decals, what is the difference between this kit and the recent Beswick kit? My LHS still has a couple of the Beswick kits left, so wondering if I should grab it, or just wait for this new one since I don't plan on building it in either box stock livery.

Other than the Box Art, Decals and maybe the instructions they should be identical inside.  Both are limited run kits so I'll want one of each.  

At some point there will probably be a B/FX kit, that one will have some different contents from all the prior releases so far.

-Steve

2 minutes ago, SteveG said:

Other than the Box Art, Decals and maybe the instructions they should be identical inside.  Both are limited run kits so I'll want one of each.  

At some point there will probably be a B/FX kit, that one will have some different contents from all the prior releases so far.

-Steve

Thanks Steve. This looks and sounds like a fun kit. But I know I'll never build 2, so I wanted to make sure there wasn't a "better" one to get out of the two. Although, the B/FX kit might be worth waiting for if I truly only build one of these 

On 11/8/2018 at 1:56 PM, Mr. Metallic said:

Slixx has the decals available for the  Nicholson car. I kit bashed the first Comet Mobieus released using a cammer, modifying the engine bay, and using their decals, to build the red Nicholson car.

I have the Beswick car unbuilt, but knowing me, as soon as the Nicholson car is released I’ll buy that one too.

Edited by Brutalform

On 10/29/2018 at 12:40 PM, 250 Testa Rossa said:

I'll have to get this one too. When is it scheduled to be out?

I guess no one knows for sure. I keep checking back to this post to see if there is any date. I’ve read somewhere that it’s due in 2019, but that’s kind of vague. I’ve built this car, but I still want one for my stash. 

Edited by Brutalform

3 minutes ago, Brutalform said:

I guess no one knows for sure. I keep checking back to this post to see if there is any date. I’ve read somewhere that it’s due in 2019, but that’s kind of vague. I’ve built this car, but I still want one for my stash. 

According to Dave at the NNL Motor City yesterday, tentative kit intro timing is Q1 2019......TIM  (Display model at NNL MC yesterday seen below is near-final content and was built by Steve Goldman....TB) 

DSC 0334

3 hours ago, Brutalform said:

Thanks Tim... that car is a real beauty. Steve has done a great job there. What does the Q1 stand for? I assume first quarter of 2019? 

Tom....you are correct.  Sorry 'bout that, some auto industry lingo slipped in there.....TIM 

Edited by tim boyd

Thanks Tom and Tim !!  My Display model is sporting a set of Aftermarket Slixx Decals which aren't quite sized for the Moebius Comet.  Hopefully the production Decals will fit perfectly and that everything will be spelled correctly this time around. 

-Steve

39 minutes ago, SteveG said:

Thanks Tom and Tim !!  My Display model is sporting a set of Aftermarket Slixx Decals which aren't quite sized for the Moebius Comet.  Hopefully the production Decals will fit perfectly and that everything will be spelled correctly this time around. 

-Steve

I built the car with the first cyclone kit, Slixx decals, a resin hood, and a SOHC from a Galaxie kit, and seats from the parts bin.  I cut the fender wells to make room for the cammer. Now with the Beswick kit, you can pretty much build any car that you have decals for. What was misspelled in the decals? 

AE2E64B3-C46F-4D86-AF39-EAEBAE7FA0CA.jpeg

F7A8D523-4223-4382-9977-6BCB3CFD4A5E.jpeg

Ahhh now I remember something about the Jardine being incorrect, and if I’m not mistaken, possibly wrong on another kits decal too. My memory isn’t like it was 20 years ago. 

Reguardless, when this kit comes out, and since it’s a limited run, I’m definitely adding it to my stash. Maybe I’ll buy two. It’ll be nice building an A/FX without all the extras cutting. 

Edited by Brutalform