Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dyno Don 1965 Comet

afxmustang

On 11/12/2018 at 9:06 PM, SteveG said:

Yes, also Cincinnati was spelled wrong on the Beswick Car … Steve 

Internet images show “Jardene” on the 1:1. Even a vintage photo on hotrod dot com shows it, so it was there all along (not just a restoration mistake).

The kit’s ”Cinncinnati” decals will need cutting and splicing, though. 

Edited by Matt T.
Clarity

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:56 AM, Mr. Metallic said:

Pardon my ignorance, but other than decals, what is the difference between this kit and the recent Beswick kit? My LHS still has a couple of the Beswick kits left, so wondering if I should grab it, or just wait for this new one since I don't plan on building it in either box stock livery.

They are Most likely Identical in every way except decals, but I haven't bought a model in over ten minutes ,so I need to have one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 1:14 PM, JJ Deuce said:

dang it, I want this kit just for that cammer.

You might be able to find the Arnie The Farmer Beswick kit out there, if you don’t feel like waiting. Pretty much the same kit with different decals. That one is getting harder to find now, but there are some for sale out there.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Brutalform said:

It’s already the end of February. Hopefully the Dyno Don kit will hit the shelves real soon. 

Yeah. I just added the Dyno Don book to my library, so I'm in the mood to put a couple DD kits on the shelf, and this looks like an easy, no-hassle build. 

18 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Yeah. I just added the Dyno Don book to my library, so I'm in the mood to put a couple DD kits on the shelf, and this looks like an easy, no-hassle build. 

From what another member posted on this forum, said that the headers were a bit tricky. Other than that, I’m sure it wouldn’t be much of a hassle. 

BTW, where did you get the book? I’d like to check it out. 

Edited by Brutalform

33 minutes ago, Bill Eh? said:

I picked up the Beswick kit back in November at the Detroit show. I wish I had gotten a couple. Could the delay of the Dyno Don version be a result of  Moebius now being in Pegasus' hands?

Good question. Word on the street is they should be out within the first few months of 2019. 

I have two in my stash also. I did build the Dyno Don version when the 65 Cyclone kit first came out. I had to rework the inner fenders, and use a cammer from the parts box. It came out pretty good. I just want to get two of these when they come out. That way I can build two more versions, and have one of each in the stash. 

6 hours ago, Brutalform said:

From what another member posted on this forum, said that the headers were a bit tricky. Other than that, I’m sure it wouldn’t be much of a hassle. 

BTW, where did you get the book? I’d like to check it out. 

Bought it from Amazon. It was over $25, so free shipping (though no priority). They originally promised me a delivery date of nearly a month (March 9, IIRC, which isn't here YET), but I ordered it on a Monday morning at got it USPS on Thursday! 

I now have the Jenkins, Sox, Landy, and Nicholson books, and love them all. Can't recommend them highly enough! B)

• 1 month later...

I was told they were going to ship by the end of March, and be on shelves and online by early April. 

I guess they ran into a problem? I’d rather wait than end up with a warped body, or some other defect. 

Edited by Brutalform

50 minutes ago, Brutalform said:

I was told they were going to ship by the end of March, and be on shelves and online by early April. 

I guess they ran into a problem? I’d rather wait than end up with a warped body, or some other defect. 

Considering the only difference between this kit and the other Comet drag kit is the decals, I doubt the delay is anything related to the kit production itself.

Let's go ahead and have this discussion now: What color exactly was this car? In all the pics I've seen, it just looks like a bright red, like Testor #3 or Model Master Guards Red, but was it something more specific, like Ford Poppy Red or something of the kind? 

On 3/28/2019 at 8:10 PM, Snake45 said:

Let's go ahead and have this discussion now: What color exactly was this car? In all the pics I've seen, it just looks like a bright red, like Testor #3 or Model Master Guards Red, but was it something more specific, like Ford Poppy Red or something of the kind? 

I converted the non A/FX comet into the Dyno car, and painted it Tamiya Italian Red. It looks pretty close to all the pics I came across. 

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

LHS said this should be in by Monday at the latest, allow the feeding frenzy to begin :P

Just received an email that mine shipped this morning. It’s been a long wait. I believe this kit came out later than expected.