Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dyno Don 1965 Comet

afxmustang

5 hours ago, hpiguy said:

Looking forward to building it, thanks for the heads up on availability!

Chris, is your plan to build it box stock? Or go a different route?

Btw, I enjoyed that 64 Impala build. I didn’t realize how nice of a kit that one was. I’m going to definitely add that to my want list. 

Edited by Brutalform

8 minutes ago, gtx6970 said:

Where is the best place to get both of the AFX comets in one swoop ?

best i've found on ebay was nearly $100 with postage for the 2, at that $ I'll do without them

Yea, these Moebius kits seem to get very scarce right out of the hole. Then people ask ridiculous prices for them. Even the Ford pickups. I order two of every one I buy anymore. 

I preordered one, and just bought another on eBay.

Getting the Dyno Don car shouldn’t be a problem right now, but the Beswick car is getting harder to find. 

Edited by Brutalform

19 hours ago, Brutalform said:

Chris, is your plan to build it box stock? Or go a different route?

Btw, I enjoyed that 64 Impala build. I didn’t realize how nice of a kit that one was. I’m going to definitely add that to my want list. 

Right as Model King sends it and with their decals. 

Looking forward to it!

Thanks for the nice words on the Impala, it's a very nice kit. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 6:10 PM, alexis said:

Oh Great!   I'll be ordering it next month. I cannot wait to see the Video.

I can tell you so far that it's worth an order to make the replica racer.

Zero fit issues as is, great detail on the 427. It sure is shoe-horned into that engine compartment. I have some tips on fitting the headers around the motor mounts that you'll see in the video.

I have not fit the body to the chassis or gotten the glass in yet so I can't comment if that is good or not. I know Moebius kits always seem to have super tight fitting glass so we'll see.

1 hour ago, gtx6970 said:

So , anyone planning the Jack Chrisman Sachs and Son car

No, but I have thought about building the 64 Comet car. Just can’t find a 64 for a decent price. I lost two eBay auctions on the 64s a while back that I had bids on. 

Edited by Brutalform

20 hours ago, Brutalform said:

No, but I have thought about building the 64 Comet car. Just can’t find a 64 for a decent price. I lost two eBay auctions on the 64s a while back that I had bids on. 

Built the '64 version from a gluebomb Craftsman kit many years ago. Guess I'll have to get the '65 to go with it. 

new decals models 003.jpg

46 minutes ago, magicmustang said:

Built the '64 version from a gluebomb Craftsman kit many years ago. Guess I'll have to get the '65 to go with it. 

new decals models 003.jpg

Fantastic build Gerald. What did you use for the chassis? Thunderbolt? 

Like I said, I lost out on two of these kits, because they went for more than I was willing to pay at that time. 

Im going to keep my eyes open for one though. 

2 hours ago, Brutalform said:

Cool. Do you have the new Moebius Dyno Don car?  

I was wondering if the Moebius chassis could be used under the 64? 

The T Bolt could be used, but it’s my understanding that it needs a lot of mods. 

I don't know if the Moebius chassis fits under the 64 Comet but the Fairlane Thunderbolt chassis is wrong for a Comet anyway wich is on the Falcon platform, the 62-65 Fairlane shares chassis with only the 61-63 Mercury Meteor.
It would be easier to use a chassis from a Mustang or Cougar as they also are based on the Falcon platform.

On 6/7/2019 at 3:57 PM, Brutalform said:

Cool. Do you have the new Moebius Dyno Don car?  

I was wondering if the Moebius chassis could be used under the 64? 

The T Bolt could be used, but it’s my understanding that it needs a lot of mods. 

I'll check it out Tom.  That was my plan when I get around to building my '64 Comet.  I've also used the Revellogram '66 Mustang under a few FoMoCo projects.  It's not 100% factory correct but it makes a nice model.

Here is the Mustang chassis under my '66 Falcon B/FX project:

DSCN6366

And the same chassis under my '64 Falcon (Trumpeter) T/A project:

DSCN4559

image.jpeg.4b1767ed1c5e5f680028c99c383d5ead.jpegimage.jpeg.0c3d3c5392e078a3afd129aceb130ed8.jpegImage result for revell '66 mustangImage result for revell '66 mustang

Edited by afx