Model Cars Magazine Forum

thanx for the link Jim,they're what i'm lookin' for.

3 hours ago, drinkone2 said:

I bought a pair from KJ at Double Take Replicas for a Brockway dump I'm building and they look just right on it. He has 2 different tread patterns in link below.

http://kdhumphr.wixsite.com/double-take-replicas/rubber-tires

Kj might not be set back up for casting yet after a recent move , drop him a PM though to be sure . He was posting again 

I recently bought a set from Gary from gw trucks and very pleased with them very similar to the type found in the bill signs/can do kits 

Jerry the Autocar I built went together fairly straightforward, by looking at the box art the 800 front axle needs slid forward a little.especially with larger tires, and shouldn't the engine be gold instead of red as shown on the box? Still in the planning stages but anxious to start. Looked at a bunch of 800 images on the internet for ideas. Thanx all for the input and interest.                                                                                    

DSC00575.JPG

Ken , Hessel Hemstra make special rims and tyre,s for the conforti mack and also a special frame

look at fotki and you wil see the hole bunch of stuff he made

drop him a email for the things you want , he make it

here a rim from him

IMG 9803

IMG 0237

IMG 0356

hope this helps

jacobus

I decided to start with the engine, don't understand all the bling bling in this kit. this is why I don't care for show cars, all the chrome runs together into a mess. rather than strip all the chrome a light primer coat should work. the engine builds up nicely and looks the part. I want to thank everyone for their interest and input. the photos are great inspiration. colors for the chassis and cab remain undecided at this point. painting the starter, filters and alternator will be done after the gold paint dries thoroughly.

DSC01604.JPG

DSC01606.JPG

Agreed about killing the chrome.  I had a similar deal on an mpc motorcycle kit where it needed to go together first. I picked up some junk called LA's totally awesome liquid cleaner at dollar general for a buck.  Dunked the whole engine in and it came off clean in a few minutes, didn't affect the glue, leave a film, and no fumes.  

Bologna tires as we used to call them will really improve the looks of this beast.  Look forward to watching it evolve.

Peace.